December 31, 201312 yr comment_81769 The U.S. National Security Agency has the ability to snoop on nearly every communication sent from an Apple iPhone, according to leaked documents shared by security researcher Jacob Appelbaum and German news magazine Der Spiegel. An NSA program called DROPOUTJEEP allows the agency to intercept SMS messages, access contact lists, locate a phone using cell tower data, and even activate the device’s microphone and camera. Read onhttp://www.dailydot.com/politics/nsa-backdoor-iphone-access-camera-mic-appelbaum/ Report
December 31, 201312 yr Author comment_81770 http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/29/5253226/nsa-cia-fbi-laptop-usb-plant-spy Report
December 31, 201312 yr Author comment_81774 http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/12/why-nsa-spied-on-inexplicably-unencrypted-windows-crash-reports/ Report
December 31, 201312 yr comment_81777 I'm flabbergasted about them intercepting shipments of computer parts and computers and installing or using snooping stuff on them before it even gets to the consumer. It's outrageous. Report
January 10, 201412 yr comment_81918 I use a lot of encryption now, but the point is not much is private. I don't much like it, but I don't go saying stupid things in stupid places. I really believe the only difference between now and the previous years in the past is we are more aware. You know when landlines were the only form of communication those were monitored. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.