Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

My Next Supra

Featured Replies

So, I've been really busy the last few weeks trying to get everything in order to buy a new Supra.  I spent a good while going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to spend the money or not.  I finally called the guy up and we agreed on a price.  Since then I've been working hard to get all my ducks in a row.  The car is in Toronto, Canada so I had to get CAD currency out, rush my new passport, figure out all the importation laws, get insurance, and a temporary tag.  Not to mention finding a one way flight into Toronto. 

 

All of that is done now, finally.  I'll be leaving early Saturday morning and coming back with this:

 

1982 Toyota Celica Supra w/ 7MGTE swap @ ~346rwhp

 

http://imgur.com/a/0wPwZ

  • Author

Well, to tell the story.  When I was 20 I bought my first Supra.  It was a 1984 Brown with the 7MGTE swap.  I had it for all of about 2 weeks before it hit the shop.  The guy I got it from did a very shitty job on the swap.  So, I spent the next year buying parts.  About the time the car was getting close to being somewhat driveable again, I had decided to move to Indianapolis with Jenna (my gf then, wife now)  I didn't have any choice but to sell the car.  I sold it to my buddy for  X amount plus paying off the mechanic. 

 

Years go by and he keeps the car and gets it into mechanically fantastic shape.  He is a Supra nut. Probably owned a dozen off and on, and I think he owns at least 5 now.  Almost three years ago, I was looking for a daily driver and he sold me one of his black stock 83.  I have been driving it off and on since then, but I mostly drive my Civic for the better gas mileage.  I have been to the last two Supra meets he hosted, and last year took the black car.  It's a lot of fun and there are some absolutely amazing Supras out there. 

 

So, last year I started thinking about how I wanted to get back into the Supra scene again, but too much time has passed for me to want to do the "do it yourself" route.  I don't have room to have an entire car apart in my garage, and I didn't want another car that sat in the shop for years.  I originally was going to buy back the brown car.  I think my buddy would have sold it back at a reasonable price, but it's a mechanically sound car. Not so much on the aesthetic end.  

 

Enter the black car above.  My buddy showed me the link back in September.  The asking price was almost twice what I could get the brown car for.  I hemmed around for over a month thinking about it, but I finally called the guy and made an offer.  Ended up getting it for a few thousand more than I could have the bought my original brown car back for, and thousands less than the guy has in the car. 

 

It has been a long process, and I still have to get through customs, but I'm really excited. It's going to be a long week waiting for Saturday to come.

Looks clean....motor looks in good shape insides clean. Good deal. Good luck at the border.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Guess I didn't update you guys, but I did make it back with this thing. The trip was good times, and other than the weather, things went great. It was a freaking great trip and every bit the car I hoped it would be.  She's an official US citizen and tucked safely away in the garage for the winter.  Looking forward to doing some more driving in the spring.

 

White Out Driving

kk35.jpg

 

Poor Girl

x0lh.jpg

 

Deep Cleaning at 30 degrees

 

u5ga.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I could have opted for the cheaper registration, but it wasn't worth the risk. I was worried about the import stuff. I could have done classic, but my state wants you to only drive it for car shows etc. I didn't want that limitation.

You'll be the second to know GG, but don't hold your breath.

That's a pretty clean whip man. I'm jealous lol. I've been hedging on the Supra scene as well being in Germany and having easy access to JDM models, but the import stuff is what's keeping me from taking the plinge on one. I opted for a 2000 Mercedes SLK 230 for the time being since it was easier for me to import, and it's a super clean and maintained car. But this Supra you've got here is something else man. You've got a real keeper there, and I bet she's strong as when she was manufactured as well.

  • Author

Thanks. Supra wasn't too bad to import since it was over 25 years old. She's also stronger than new since she has a mk iii 7mgte in her :). I doubt I'll ever get rid of this one. It's been too cold and snowy though. I haven't had her out since I got in.

I feel you about the weather. It's been snowy here in Germany and cold and icy so no fun driving for me. My poor RWD does not handle the snow very well at all :) Please excuse the image quality, it was my iPhone at dusk. This is my black beauty.
 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.