July 2, 201016 yr comment_12819 So last semester for CompSci I had to program the classic boardgame, Battleship. Pretty basic and nothing too complicated since it only had to be played by users and no AI components. Well out of boredom today, I started making an AI algorithm so a player could play against the computer. Six hours later, the AI structure is complete and ready to be tested. Turns out the human player only has 0.27% chance of winning against the computer. My AI is too smart, fail. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12821 man, if that's a fail, i'd hate to see what you'd call my attempt at making ai.i'd open paint or something, sit there for about three minutes, then admit defeat. Report
July 2, 201016 yr Author comment_12828 I did play it and never came close to beating it. The AI is too smart so I need to dumb it down Report
July 4, 201016 yr comment_12887 You should talk to Hasbro, they have AI in Battleship for XBLA. It's beatable though. It tends to just strike the board in a checkerboard pattern. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.