Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Air Force is going to retire the A-10 Warthog

Featured Replies

This is pretty sad news for me really.  The A-10 has long been one of the absolute coolest assault planes I've ever laid my eyes on.  I have fond memories of playing the old A-10 Warthog PC games and I liked flying them in flight sims and arcade games (like Ace Combat).

 

What always blew my mind was the idea that this plane pretty much was just a ridiculously massive gun that someone decided to build a plane around. 

 

I present the GAU-8 for your consideration.

 

Capable of absolutely obliterating any damn ground target, rattling out 30mm depleted uranium shells at a rate of 4200/min that seriously hit the ground before you even heard them fired from the plane itself, this gun was mindblowing. 

 

It's a shame really.  The plane was built tough, could take incredible amounts of damage and still fly, and it's firepower was second to none for ground assaults. 

 

Feel free to post any cool videos below in memorial. 

 

gau8.jpg

Not to be a nay sayer but they have announced its retirement several times in the past, but they have nothing to replace it with, they have no other slow moving close combat air support. Unless they have come up with something recently I think the marines would be telling them to shove it.

  • Author

Not to be a nay sayer but they have announced its retirement several times in the past, but they have nothing to replace it with, they have no other slow moving close combat air support. Unless they have come up with something recently I think the marines would be telling them to shove it.

 

From everything I've read they want to replace the fleet with (presumably) less expensive unmanned drones.

 

My only problem with this is that the drones will have nowhere NEAR the stopping power, nor the imposing presence, of the A-10.  God I love the sound of that fucking gun.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.