Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Anime megathread ^-^

Featured Replies

Yo, holla at ya boys who be watchin that anime. So for starters I'm gonna be posting up anime's you should be watching right now.



SWORD ART ONLINE

SAOInfinityMoment_thumb.jpg

 

 

This anime is about some Japanese teens who get stuck inside a video game. Kind of like .//hack

 

So the main dude, emo jacket is this kid, he's super talented. Better than everyone. Generic hero setup. But this anime isn't so much about fighting as it is about the relationships between characters.

Out of the first 4 episodes, there are like, only 2 fight scenes. It's mostly just dialogue. For a little while he's kind of the generic angsty teen, but he gets over it fast and picks up the show. 

The main downside is the show feels very rushed. Months of time will be skipped in between episodes, and characters come in and out of the show constantly, never making any strong development.

Now I'm only about at the halfway mark right now, so I can't post up a full review. But if you're just looking for a show to kill some time with, this is it. 

 

 

 

 

ATTACK ON TITAN

28763-attack_on_titan_karaoke.jpg

 

All of the Earth has been taken over by giant human like monsters called Titans. It's up to this dude who's part of a group of dudes to fight them back to reclaim the world. Too bad the Titans are super OP and kill everyone who tries.
Super good show. Like, wayy good. If you aren't watching it now, you are wrong. Go download it ASAP. Lots of action and stuff all the good things in Anime come together. 

I have heard of Attack on Titan, and am definitely going to check it out since I haven't had any good animes to watch lately.

 

I want more people to watch an anime called Kara no Kyokai (Garden of Sinners).  It's a series of seven anime movies, and I've never had anyone that I mention it to even remotely know what I'm talking about.  It's a bit confusing until the later episodes kind of tie it all together (the chronology of the movies is a bit shuffled), but it's so good/interesting, and the music in it is amazing.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_no_Kyokai

eyl7.jpg

  • Author

Attack on Titan is excellent. Sword Art Online is fine until the elves or whatever get involved.

Yeah, I just started the first episode with elves, and I'm not liking where it's going. 

 

I need to re-watch the meloncholy of Haruhi Suzimiya after all this is done.

I'm so out of the loop with anime these days, though I am looking forward to Ghost In the Shell Arise. I did buy the first 2 of those new Evangelion remake movies too and just haven't gotten around to watching them.

Holy hell, really?  A new Ghost in the Shell series?  F*** yes!

 

EDIT:  Aww, it's a four part OVA "reimagining".  I'd prefer another movie in the GitS/Innocence universe or anime series in the Stand Alone Complex universe.  Should still be cool though.

Yeah, I'd prefer more SAC, and I'm not a big fan of the slight character redesigns, but I'll take any GitS I can get.

  • 1 month later...

I'll revive this thread by saying that, after watching 11 episodes in only a couple days, Attack on Titan is definitely pretty cool.  Although I'm kind of annoyed/amused when you can tell they're cutting back on animation to save money.  There were a lot of moments in the early episodes where they seem to pan across still images of people that should be moving lol, which seems out of place when the rest of the animation is so good.  Or the cliche "action lines" going across the screen when someone is saying something more intensely.

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.