September 5, 201313 yr comment_79780 Great review here:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-29-diablo-3-console-review Another really in-depth article on the difference in graphics between versions:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-diablo-3-face-off My thoughts: I can be silent no longer. I almost did not post this because I figured not many around here play consoles anymore so why would anyone care? Then, I figure there might be someone. I picked this up the other day and it is way better than the PC version. Why you ask? Gone is the real money auction house and in place of that is an increased chance to find items in the game itself as it should of been all along. Sure, there is a storyline but the whole purpose of these games is the constant chance to advance your character with gear. I gave up on the PC version. The magic was missing. I never made 60 but got to beat down Diablo a little bit. I never found anything super amazing and did not feel like paying some clown real money for some digital items for my character. For me the draw of games like this is to find the items myself. I have put about 10 or so hours into the console version and right away I feel the magic that D3 should of been on PC. The drops make way more sense now. In fact using a gamepad feels way more natural with this game as well and the icing on the cake is that you can have up to 4 people couch co-op or online all on the same screen. Don't need live for couch co-op. Lastly, the game looks great for console. The PC is a bit sharper for sure but this looks damn good for a console game. Inventory management is a bit tricky at first but that is a nitpick. Thats all I got for now. Report
September 6, 201313 yr Author comment_79794 I did not think anyone would care too much about this. Anyways, I am loving it. It is a great enhanced port. If anyone gets it or wants to play let me know. Report
September 6, 201313 yr comment_79804 Sorry, man. I played it when Blizzard kept nerfing things after I'd get new gear. The whole experience soured me on the game. I guess this whole time, they were playtesting it for balance on the consoles. Report
September 7, 201313 yr comment_79835 Well, I'm glad to hear they did things right with the console version. I don't see any reason to replay it, but still glad to know it isn't the crapstorm it was on the PC. Report
October 14, 201312 yr comment_80640 Thanks, PK. Now I have the urge to play Diablo III. You should join me. Report
October 14, 201312 yr comment_80651 Hah, I've been playing this on PS3 again leveling up a Monk. Report
October 15, 201312 yr Author comment_80697 Glad to see this thread coming back to life. Yeah been playing on and off on Xbox 360. Its well done on console for sure. Report
October 27, 201312 yr comment_80861 Glad to hear it was well done on console. Without the Auction House, maybe it won't be as bad for first time players. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.