August 7, 201313 yr comment_79121 An Xbox rep reportedly told One Hit Pixel, "I can confirm that Game DVR features will be available to Xbox Live Gold members only." The Game DVR feature allows the new console to record gameplay clips at 720p and 30 frames per second, and share them with others via Xbox Live.According to chief Xbox One platform architect Marc Whitten, the DVR function - which records in-game footage straight to the Xbox One cloud - will feature a fixed resolution and frame rate irrespective of the game's native settings. Xbox One will automatically record the last five minutes of a user's gameplay, and gameplay footage can also be streamed live to Twitch TV. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/423231/xbox-one-game-dvr-restricted-to-gold-subscribers/ Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_79126 They are trying to make Live look like it is worth something haha. edited Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_79127 I find it interesting that it will be able to do 720p at 30fps and not effect the games. I wonder if it's an internal separate capture device or just dedicated process power they don't allow game developers to access? Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_79129 I find it interesting that it will be able to do 720p at 30fps and not effect the games. I wonder if it's an internal separate capture device or just dedicated process power they don't allow game developers to access?Interesting thought. Report
August 7, 201313 yr Author comment_79131 That's for clips I believe. *edit* ""Game DVR captures beautiful clips at 720p 30fps," Whitten told IGN. "The first thing you'll see with our game DVR is the integration of our Upload service on the console.""http://www.computerandvideogames.com/422648/xbox-one-dvr-will-run-at-fixed-framerate-and-resolution/ Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.