July 31, 201313 yr comment_78937 Raisins and grapes (as well as onions and macadamia nuts) can kill your dog. In very, very small quantities. http://www.beaglesandbuddies.com/index.php3?topic=raisins Not the best site in the world, but the raisin ratio (lawl) is pretty spot on for those dumbassed little raisin packs. Figured I'd spread the word since my dog almost fucking died tonight due to the idiotic neglect of a family member. Thankfully I recognized the raisin boxes in the shaming pictures, or we would have had two dead dogs on our hands. We still don't even know the full prognosis for mine. In short: Don't feed your animal people food, it's dumb. Report
July 31, 201313 yr comment_78940 Good to know, we have 2 dogs and some grapevines growing outside, I didnt know they could be a problem. Report
July 31, 201313 yr comment_78942 There are a shit ton of foods you shouldn't feed your dogs, however there are a lot of human foods that are great for them also. Report
July 31, 201313 yr comment_78946 Chocolate as well. Families with children and dogs should make sure their kids all know not to share their candy and other harmful foods with the family pet. Report
July 31, 201313 yr Author comment_78948 Damn, I didn't even know about ham Reven. And yeah PK - we caught our nephew trying to feed our pit once and told him no. He was very upset, but got over it pretty quickly. And glad I said something then Dubl, just be careful. If you notice your dog stops urinating and drinking water then you likely have kidney failure. :/ As a rule I don't think they're an enticing food, but when covered in chocolate or yogurt, or dropped / given by human hands, they suddenly become a tasty treat. Maddie (my dog) seems to be pretty OK. She's flopping around this morning like the little retard she is. Little does she know she gets more charcoal in about an hour and she's going to hate me all over again. Dude, putting that stuff down a short-muzzled dog's throat looks like you're feeding something from the abyss. Report
July 31, 201313 yr comment_78950 Oh no, the dreaded charcoal. That super sucks (because I know what happens shortly afterwards), but if it's going to make her better, it has to be done. Report
August 1, 201313 yr comment_78952 I've always found dogs getting sick from people food odd. We have always gave our dogs left overs, I didn't even know grapes were bad until recently. The only thing we never fed our dogs was chocolate. They all lived to be old as hell. However you hear horror stories of a dog eating one grape and croaking. Hell I remember feeding my dog like 20 grapes (rat terrier) she loved those things, she lived to like 17 lol. I know they are bad but I just find it strange. However there are lots of human food that is healthy for dogs. Report
August 1, 201313 yr comment_78957 Charcoal sucks, & once they know its comin good luck. Hope your pup turns out great..... Report
August 1, 201313 yr comment_78958 I've always found dogs getting sick from people food odd. We have always gave our dogs left overs, I didn't even know grapes were bad until recently. The only thing we never fed our dogs was chocolate. They all lived to be old as hell. However you hear horror stories of a dog eating one grape and croaking. Hell I remember feeding my dog like 20 grapes (rat terrier) she loved those things, she lived to like 17 lol. I know they are bad but I just find it strange. However there are lots of human food that is healthy for dogs.My mutt eats pizza & chips like theres no tomorrow. She only gets beer at the firehoue. That way the wife cant yell. But good god i think Zoe would go insane if i cut her off people food Report
August 1, 201313 yr comment_78959 Dogs don't have the same enzymes for breaking down foods that humans do. http://forums.webmd.com/3/pet-health-exchange/forum/2950 Report
August 1, 201313 yr comment_78962 There are certainly things a dog shouldn't eat. I still feed my pup people food from time to time. Hell, I grew up feeding dogs "slop" but some things were certainly off limits. It's important to know what your dog can have and can't. Report
August 1, 201313 yr Author comment_78967 My dog never gets people food, but mostly because she has skin allergies up the wazoo and we never know what's going to bug the crap out of her. It's just good practice to not give them people food. I don't even buy her treats anymore - I basically feed her her own kibble as a treat, she has no clue it's any different and still flips out over it like it's some sort of pheasant roast I'm giving her. She's doing pretty awesome today, and all the IV fluid has caught up to her, I've never seen a dog pee so damned much. Which is good! Means her kidneys are still functioning. So I think we're in the clear. Report
August 1, 201313 yr Author comment_78968 And erasers, yes.She ate my earplugs the second week we had her. They're red. When she pooped them out, I was terrified because all I see is this giant red thing coming out of her butt, and I think she has a hemorrhoid or something. My old boss's dog ate his wife's pantyhose. Long story short, he had to pull it out on a walk. Report
August 1, 201313 yr comment_78969 My pup has allergies, too. Finding a dog food without rice in it is a serious bitch. Pantyhose. lol That is terrible. Report
August 1, 201313 yr Author comment_78970 Egrgasghd YES RICE ALLERGIES ARE TERRIBLE. I had finally found a food that was awesome for her, and then we found out it was made in China... after it had given her severe poisoning last year due to a huge product recall that was apparently killing dogs. Luckily when she puked the first night I started giving her bland food right away (as I do) but her little intestines got smashed pretty hard. In case anyone owns a dog and isn't aware, EVO dog food is bad news bears. Do not buy. For some reason they still fucking sell it. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.