July 7, 201313 yr comment_78161 “Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of control Report
July 8, 201313 yr comment_78190 I read it in disgust. The hostile mentality prevalent in today's police force needs to be fixed, soon, before they start getting more into Gestapo territory. Report
July 20, 201313 yr comment_78642 That is a long read, but it was worth it. That kind of behavior is completely unacceptable. Report
July 30, 201313 yr Author comment_78928 Police kill 95-year-old man with bean-bag rounds http://rt.com/usa/police-man-killed-bean-bag-755/ Report
July 30, 201313 yr comment_78929 That's just fucking sad. 95 years of life to be killed by an asshole that felt, what? Felt threatened by a a 95 year old man with knife. I'm glad it was ruled homicide, but I damn sure hope it sticks. Report
July 31, 201313 yr Author comment_78932 Yep. What kind of pussy shoots an 95 year old man with a bean bag gun? I was even surprised they tazed him. Report
July 31, 201313 yr comment_78939 It seems SWAT usage as become SOP in most police responses, in part to justify buynig the equipment I beleive and in part the mentality of Us VS Them. Its a shame, I still beleive most police are good people but it seems more and more are becoming too controlling and militant. Report
July 31, 201313 yr Author comment_78945 I agree, Dubl. What good are new toys if you never get to use them. Report
July 31, 201313 yr comment_78949 It seems SWAT usage as become SOP in most police responses, in part to justify buynig the equipment I beleive and in part the mentality of Us VS Them. Its a shame, I still beleive most police are good people but it seems more and more are becoming too controlling and militant.I feel most people go into the police force good people, but definitely don't leave or stay that way anymore. It seems like some sort of corrupt-o-matic, and it might just be a survival mechanism.. and not as in "save my life" but "save my job". Other grizzled vets who have made bad calls may also be giving terrible fucking advice, and rookies may be taking it to heart. Who knows? It just sucks ass. We need to stop allowing this with slaps on the wrist and "discharges". Report
August 1, 201313 yr comment_78971 Thats true, I think some of it does fall on society though cause we expect them to always be there and save the day when that isnt a realistic expectation. So when they fail they get blamed sometimes deservedly. Its the whole giving up freedom/resposibility for safety/protection, when we give up that and put it on someone else and they fail naturally we blame them, but we shouldnt have given that up in the first place. I am saying thats a part of the issue not a major one but a contributer, I think both people and the police need to look at what they can do together to help the situation. Report
August 3, 201313 yr Author comment_79013 http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/01/1228320/-The-Fawning-Police-State-The-Apex-of-American-Insanity-Has-Been-Reached Report
August 3, 201313 yr comment_79015 http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/01/1228320/-The-Fawning-Police-State-The-Apex-of-American-Insanity-Has-Been-ReachedThat's ridiculous. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.