Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Angry Joe Interview with Major Nelson - Xbone

Featured Replies

This guy is not my favorite but I am shocked he even got an interview with Major Nelson at E3. Gotta give him credit for trying. This is a really rough interview. I was even more shocked on how much Major Nelson was off his game. His tone and snarky comments. Looks like PR cut the interview off early.

 

 

He retorts with "Is there a family plan on Steam?". LOL
 

Uh, it's a free service?  Nelson looks totally cornered in this interview, falling back on marketing talk to try to make the features everyone is hating Microsoft for sound good in the interview.

  • Author

He retorts with "Is there a family plan on Steam?". LOL

 

Uh, it's a free service?  Nelson looks totally cornered in this interview, falling back on marketing talk to try to make the features everyone is hating Microsoft for sound good in the interview.

 

How about when he says "Xbox One is the future, do you want to come to the future with me?"

 

Yeah, like this new Xbox is the only option for the future lol. Not with the restrictions your imposing dammit!

 

I got to hand it to this Joe guy. He's got some balls cornering him like this haha.

  • Author

Oh I almost forgot! You can tether to your phone?? Why in the hell would I want to do that? Not to mention not only do you need a smartphone capable and be in a coverage area but you also need the hotspot feature as well I would think.

I like how Nelson sort of huffs at Steam sales as "sure their older titles". He is wrong. Sure they discount many older titles in their sales, but you'll also see newer titles go on sale first on Steam than you will on the Xbox's Marketplace.

 

As an example from today. Mark of the Ninja. Not quite a brand new title, but definitely not an older title -- $3.75. Marked down from $14.99. How about Nascar The Game 2013 (unreleased) for $35.99. Marked down from $39.99.

  • Author

I like how Nelson sort of huffs at Steam sales as "sure their older titles". He is wrong. Sure they discount many older titles in their sales, but you'll also see newer titles go on sale first on Steam than you will on the Xbox's Marketplace.

 

As an example from today. Mark of the Ninja. Not quite a brand new title, but definitely not an older title -- $3.75. Marked down from $14.99. How about Nascar The Game 2013 (unreleased) for $35.99. Marked down from $39.99.

 

Yeah Xbox Games on Demand rarely go on sale! You will see some once in a great while but lets take for example Civilization Revolution. This game released back in 2008 and they still want $29.99 for it on Xbox Live!! $29.99, and it does not even include any of the DLC. All that is separate!

 

Come on you can get this cheaper anywhere else as a physical disc. They have to incentivize people to go all digital like Steam has done. If this thing is going to be more like a PC we know it can be done. All this and Xbox live can cost you up to $60/year.

 

*Shakes head* Oh well I am probably wasting my breath. They are dead set on going forward with all this. I am still worked up because even if I never buy an Xbone, and I won't be, but people fall for this shit and all this BS gets adopted and M$ is successful it could affect other platforms of gaming.

If you look at the behavior of their employees, you'll see they want as much money as they can get. Example -- Not sure if he still does this or not, but Nelson used to use Amazon affiliate links to pad his wallet on his blog and on Twitter.  I would have thought there'd be a clause in the Amazon affiliates ToS for employees of a company pimping out their own wares, but I guess not.

 

I wouldn't mind it if he did it on his very own personal blog. But to do it on what is considered by many as an official Xbox blog leaves a bad taste in my mouth. People go there for information about new games from the Director of Programming.

  • Author

Yeah that is pretty lame haha! I never knew about that but of course I don't remember the last time I even viewed his blog. I will say as whole they sure come off as a bunch of arrogant assholes lol. I just can't fathom people not doing a little research before they buy a product but its gonna happen anyways. I guess, for me, I should let it go and respect those people that are ok with all these restrictions but damn.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.