June 19, 201313 yr comment_77438 Many have reported bricked ps3's after the recent 4.45 update. Most are 750 gb and 1tb self installed hard drive systems, but better to wait for sony's ok first. If you have ps+ make sure you turn off auto update. Report
June 19, 201313 yr comment_77439 THANK YOU. Previous updates have bricked my PS3, and it was a pain in the ass to undo. Much appreciated. Report
June 19, 201313 yr comment_77447 "PlayStation 3 firmware update 4.45 seemed simple enough; according to the changelog, the main addition was the ability to opt-out of notifications upon receiving a Trophy." - http://www.inquisitr.com/794330/ps3-firmware-update-4-45-bricking-consoles/#4z19UtLhXLZEVxfY.99 Report
June 19, 201313 yr comment_77449 "PlayStation 3 firmware update 4.45 seemed simple enough; according to the changelog, the main addition was the ability to opt-out of notifications upon receiving a Trophy." - http://www.inquisitr.com/794330/ps3-firmware-update-4-45-bricking-consoles/#4z19UtLhXLZEVxfY.99 Ah, I'd actually want that feature since I stopped caring about achievements/trophies. I already disabled the notifications on Xbox and GFWL. Weird that this update is bricking some systems if that's mainly what it does. Report
June 19, 201313 yr comment_77454 Hmm. I missed this and was on my PS3 last night. I have auto update so I'm pretty sure mine is the latest. It's an old backwards compatible one with a 500gb I installed. Guess I got lucky for once. Report
June 19, 201313 yr Author comment_77456 They pulled the update, say they'll fix and release it again. Its probly the coder forgot people can install their own hd's and didnt figure that in leaving the system in a loop when its updating itself. You should be able to factory reset the thing and reapply older firmware, but I dont wanna have to test that theory. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.