June 14, 201313 yr comment_77343 I really really want to play Fire Emblem! I had all the old game boys at one time or another way back when and had the first DS before. I also still have my Neo Geo pocket It's old but still works. I loved that system. I love handhelds but have been out of the scene for awhile now. iOS has been getting me by I guess but I just hate the pay to play, microtransaction nickel and dime games on it. For some reason I got this strong urge to buy a 3DS XL this weekend considering best buy has it for $174.99. Seems like a good deal. How are you all liking yours? Report
June 15, 201313 yr comment_77357 I use my 3ds all the time, although it is just for one game. but i have heard a lot of good things about fire emblem, and its on my lists of games to try for the 3ds when i get around to buying games again. I would for sure say its worth getting though Report
June 15, 201313 yr comment_77365 My kid has on and i play mario and that new funtown one. Its a neat little system Report
June 16, 201313 yr comment_77373 New fireemblem was great, etrian odyssey 4 and animal crossing new leaf are all compelling arguments for it. Report
June 16, 201313 yr Author comment_77374 Thanks guys, picked it up last night with a new copy of Fire Emblem! It sort of reminds me of a game called Jeanne d'Arc that was on the PSP. I LOVED that game. Great system and can't wait to build my collection a bit! Report
June 16, 201313 yr comment_77375 You should at least rent etrian odyssey too, emblem has an unsurpassed story, but in my opinion its too easy. E.o. 4 is a tougher nut. Report
June 17, 201313 yr Author comment_77376 Its funny you mention it I just bought Etrian Odyssey IV today haha! Edit: I meant 4 instead of 5. Corrected it. Report
June 18, 201313 yr Author comment_77423 Thanks for all the replies guys. I gotta say I have not had a handheld for so long this is really refreshing. This came out of nowhere and I have an instant 3DS backlog lol now. I can't help but feel that there is quite a bit of value in some of these games as well. More-so than some $60 console games haha. Report
June 21, 201313 yr comment_77554 resident evil revelations the Tom Clancy ghost recon shadow wars game ( awesome, kind of like xcom) professor Layton street fighter was good I'll post more later, but definitely Tom Clancy!! Report
June 24, 201313 yr Author comment_77687 resident evil revelationsthe Tom Clancy ghost recon shadow wars game ( awesome, kind of like xcom)professor Laytonstreet fighter was goodI'll post more later, but definitely Tom Clancy!! Sorry for the delayed response. Yeah I picked up Resident Evil and Ghost Recon this last week. Got them both for a combined total of just under $30 brand new off Amazon. On another note do you notice that holding the 3DS XL cramps your hand or aggravates your hand/wrist tendons or whatever? I hope it stops cause I love this thing. I may have to get a grip holder or something to put it in. Its just not ergonomic at all and I don't have huge hands. Maybe its my long fingers. Report
June 29, 201313 yr Author comment_77860 This saved me: http://www.amazon.com/Circle-Pad-Pro-Nintendo-Accessory-3dsXL/dp/B009LGO88E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372485853&sr=8-1&keywords=circle+pad+pro+3ds+xl You can get it from nintendo's site cheaper but by the time you paying shipping its the same price. Its not perfect but has made it easier to hold this thing for long periods of time. Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_77864 I was going to suggest that circle pad. I HAD one for my old 3DS (not XL) and it definitely made it slightly more comfy and Resident Evil was WAAAAY EASIER to play with it. Good choice. How are you liking Tom Clancy? Report
June 30, 201313 yr Author comment_77885 Shadow Wars is great! Turn-based strategy is one of my favorite genre. Loving the Circle Pad Pro for XL. I will say that XL has an extreme lack of accessories overall. Can't wait until they make some more stuff for this thing. Report
July 1, 201313 yr comment_77910 Shadow Wars is great! Turn-based strategy is one of my favorite genre. Loving the Circle Pad Pro for XL. I will say that XL has an extreme lack of accessories overall. Can't wait until they make some more stuff for this thing. I effing loved Shadow Wars to be honest! I even like the 3D effects. Report
July 1, 201313 yr Author comment_77912 I effing loved Shadow Wars to be honest! I even like the 3D effects. Me too! Its a great game. I picked it up for less than $10 on amazon and loving every minute of it. Hey do you like the Shin Megami Tensei games? A new one is coming out soon. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.