May 7, 201313 yr comment_75820 One of the most incredible survival horror titles ever made is getting a "spiritual successor". Fans of Eternal Darkness: Sanity Requiem get ready to let out the biggest squeal of your life. Precursor Games announced that they are developing Shadow of the Eternals, the spiritual successor to Silicon Knights' 2002 Gamecube cult hit Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Shadow of the Eternals will be released in episodic format for the Wii U and PC only for a total of 12 episodes with each episode having about 2-4 hours of gameplay. Throughout the 12 episodes, players will follow the story of Detective Paul Becker who is investigating one of the bloodiest gang massacres in the history of the state of Louisiana where there are only two survivors. These two survivors will help Detective Paul Becker uncover the story behind the "Eternals" and span 2,500 years of history in Egypt, England, Hungary, and the United States, much like Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem which also hopped through out history while uncovering the secrets of the Ancients. Also like in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, players will see the return of the famed sanity effects that cause disturbances unlike any game I have ever played, even modern day titles. According to the official site for Shadow of the Eternals, details on the digital distribution of the 12 episodes will be announced at a later date, however they stated under the "Project Faq's" that they do plan to release the episodes sometime in the third quarter of 2014. via IGN and Shadow of the Eternals (official site) Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75822 OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG This is going to be an extremely panned game. The first game was so good - expectations are going to be ridiculously high for a sequel or follow up, as they should. This is a great chance to really amp up the atmosphere and insanity effects, while delivering a great story. Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75823 ^^^ This. I am so stoked. Eternal Darkness has THE BEST "insanity" mechanics. I fucking loved that game. Report
May 7, 201313 yr Author comment_75826 ^^^ This. I am so stoked. Eternal Darkness has THE BEST "insanity" mechanics. I fucking loved that game. I second that and the post above Chris!!!! I am seriously so excited. There has not been a game that even came close to Eternal Darkness as far as the sanity effects go. I'm not a PC gamer, but I'll get this for sure. Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75836 I almost shat myself when it said it was deleting my save the first time I played it. Or fucked with the "volume". It was so good. Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75838 Yeah... that and just walking into a room and BAM! You're fucking dead. Game over screen. .......... and then the game is like I'M JUST KIDDING YOU'RE STILL ALIVE BWAHAHAHA and picks right back up in the room you just walked into. Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75839 While it looks interesting, and I do hope it gets made, no way am I giving them any money until its all finished after the way Dennis Dyack tanked Silicon Knights(with rumor of a good bit of the money activision gave them to make that Xmen Destiny game being instead used to make a tech demo for this game). Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75840 I dunno, for as much shit as SK and Dyack get, I actually liked Too Human. *shrugs* Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75884 After the good comments, I feel like I missed out by not playing the original. I'll have to give this a go since it's hitting PC. Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75893 GameCube. I was over at my friend's house every day until I beat it, I never owned one lol. But you can get an emulator pretty easy. Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75900 I think I might have one already. Hell, I might already have it. Report
May 8, 201313 yr Author comment_75924 I have two Gamecubes (a silver and purple one) and I think I still have a copy of it. I've been bugging Jason to play it, because he never experienced the awesomeness of it, only heard what I told him, but he won't touch the cube, lol. Seriously Dat, you won't be disappointed. I have never played a game like that since. It's a gem. Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75927 Seriously Dat, you won't be disappointed. I have never played a game like that since. It's a gem. THIS. The "insanity" meter was so well done and effing awesome. No game has ever played with my mind like that. MGS2 was interesting at the end how it tried to mess with you, but this game seriously fucks with your head and gameplay ALL THE TIME. I loved it. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.