April 18, 201313 yr comment_74977 I currently have an AMD HD 6870 from XFX (reference-style card) in my PC. I have a friend that is offering to trade me his EVGA GTX 580 for the trade plus I give him $50. Thoughts on this trade? Worth it? Am I going to see a performance increase at all? Links to the cards in question: XFX HD 6870: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150506EVGA GTX 580: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130587 Thoughts/recommendations appreciated. Report
April 18, 201313 yr comment_74981 Looks like it would be about a 50% improvement over your current card. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/517?vs=540For the money, you won't be able to buy a better upgrade. Even if you sell your card and add 50 to the going price it may net you enough to buy a 7850 or 650ti, but neither will be better than the 580gtx. Just keep in mind the 580 is a power sucker compared to yours. Going to need at least a 500 watt psu. Report
April 18, 201313 yr Author comment_74987 I have a 750W Corsair, so power supply should be fine. Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75010 Damn it. That's the same price I paid for the 570. Sold out now too. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.