Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Featured Replies

Daft Punk is one of those many bands that have just sat on my list of "I should check them out sometime", where is the best place to start?

  • Author

I personally like their live concert tour Alive 2007 (link 

 ) their base stuff is really good but their live mixes are great. Also they have a movie too I haven't seen it but you get songs likes "Harder Better Faster Stronger" and "One More Time". The movie is Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecert 5tar 5ystem. Also the newest Tron out is basically a Daft Punk music video. It's kinda hard to nail them down where to start thought cause they kinda change their sound but it's always really good.

 

-edit I can't pull up many video as I'm in Germany and copyright stuff stop a lot of youtube stuff. Sorry but if you look up their stuff you'll find a lot.

  • 1 month later...

I've gotten into Daft Punk recently as well.  They seem to be one of those bands with a lot of songs that are just alright but a few that I really like (Harder, Better; Aerodynamic; Robot Rock; etc.).  Same with the new album.  The style is pretty different for them, but there are a few pretty good tracks on it.  I really like the iconography of the band though.  They want the fame to be about the music, not them, so they hide their faces with masks, eventually getting elaborate robot helmets.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daft_Punk#Visual_components_and_image

I've loved Daft Punk for ages, they just keep getting better IMO. They have the ability to evolve, which I appreciate greatly in a musician.

 

And Kev, I too love the whole mask / persona thing. It's so great :D

Listened to Discovery for the first time the other day, and overall thought it was pretty great. Just listened to RAM again and i really, really love this album.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.