Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Redskins win McNabb sweepstakes

Featured Replies

He came cheap too...A #2 this coming sunday and a 3 or 4 next year.blink.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5055346&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb is changing uniforms and staying in the NFC East.

The Philadelphia Eagles traded McNabb to the Washington Redskins for a pair of draft picks on Sunday night. The Eagles will receive a second-round pick (37th overall) in this month's NFL draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year.

"I'm really excited about my future with the Washington Redskins," McNabb said in a statement Sunday night. "I'm eager to work with Coach [Mike] Shanahan. He's been a very successful coach with a couple of Super Bowl victories on his resume. While it has been my goal to win a Super Bowl in Philadelphia, we came up short. I enjoyed my 11 years, and know we shared a lot more good times than bad."

League sources told Schefter that McNabb wanted to play for the Redskins and not the Raiders or the Bills, which is why the trade happened.

  • Author

Horrible moves for both teams imo.

I don't know...Washington could use a decent QB...Now to get a WR or 2 in the draft/trade...mellow.gif

I don't know...Washington could use a decent QB...Now to get a WR or 2 in the draft/trade...mellow.gif

They could but McNabb is a 1-2 year investment. Now with McNabb, Jason Campbell is most likely going to be traded or leave and the Redskins will be back at square one without a QB when McNabb runs out of juice. Meanwhile the Eagles now have Kolb as their starter which is a joke and the team they ditched McNabb to is a division rival they have to play twice a year. I don't see how either teams benefit, maybe only the Redskins if McNabb somehow stays healthy and crafts a playoff run for them.

  • Author

They could but McNabb is a 1-2 year investment. Now with McNabb, Jason Campbell is most likely going to be traded or leave and the Redskins will be back at square one without a QB when McNabb runs out of juice. Meanwhile the Eagles now have Kolb as their starter which is a joke and the team they ditched McNabb to is a division rival they have to play twice a year. I don't see how either teams benefit, maybe only the Redskins if McNabb somehow stays healthy and crafts a playoff run for them.

I have seen Kolb play and I think he can handle the qb situation pretty well. He's only started 2 games in three years but threw for 300+ yards in both. I'm not sure this is a total bust for Philly. Depends on what they do with those picks. I see this as a complete win for wash tho'.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.