March 19, 201313 yr comment_73075 http://youtu.be/k6_7BOGUXHM http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/19/joe-rogan-transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-ufc-mma/ Would love to hear your thoughts on this. It created quite a stir on Twitter and other social media. I actually watched the podcast that video was made from, live and just knew it'd create controversy. When more than a week went by, I thought I was wrong. I guess TMZ just caught wind of it or something. Also, I'll share my thoughts on this later. Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73078 I actually agree with him on this - only because of the skeletal and muscular structure. Men and women, as much as we would love to be 100% equal blahblahblah, the fighting would be completely different. It's not that women can't fight men, it's that you can't have a fair match (aka: all women's MMA / all men's MMA) when you introduce transgendered. However, she should be able to compete in men's MMA, I see no problem with that. edit: Boo on Rogan for saying "she's not really a she" though, kinda tacky. Report
March 20, 201313 yr Author comment_73079 I watched Fallon's first two fights on youtube. She's going to seriously hurt a woman if she hasn't already. Both professional bouts were decided early in the first rounds. One was a knee to the face which was an instant knockout. The other got picked up like a sack of potatoes, body slammed hard, and eventually tapped out to submission. Rogan did say some off the cuff stuff, but I agree with him about why she shouldn't fight. I won't try and make excuses for him, but comedians always seem to anger people with their choice of words. Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73085 Pretty much what Bad said.Men start off with a physical advantage right off the bat simply because they're men.... ex-men in this case but w/e. Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73090 I know some women that could kick most mens butts, but I dont think a sport should allow this as a precedent. Its nothing against the transgendered person, but it would be an unfair advantage and that has no place in any sport. Thats why most sports take a hard stance on steroids and the like. Report
March 20, 201313 yr Author comment_73106 Her license is currently under review by the Florida State BoxingCommission. She did not disclose her transexuality to the commissionprior to a contest on March 2. During the interview, Fox claimed the "scientific community" has foundtranssexual fighters on hormone therapy do not hold physical advantagesover other women. She also said she thinks any woman who refuses tofight her is either scared or a "hate-filled" person. http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/9068359/ufc-bantamweight-miesha-tate-says-fight-transgender-athlete Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73109 Rabble rabble bullshit. I agree with Joe, not to the extent that he spoke (I think he went a little too far with the wording), but the premise is sound. She was born a dude and biologically is "built" more than typical women. Report
March 20, 201313 yr Author comment_73110 I can go either way with how he phrased things. If the topic was "were his words poorly chosen?", we'd be 5 pages deep already. If we really want to crucify him on the things he said, I can link to our archives on Twitch and we can bat around the things we've said and be here for a few days. lol Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73111 Oh it's totally not PC, but that's not the point of the matter. He's a "comedian" so I imagine a bunch of it was for shock. The meat of the issue is I don't think she should be able to fight against other women. Report
March 22, 201313 yr comment_73138 Lolol....I was almost done typing that he wasnt being offensive till he said its possible shes just a dude who liked beating women so much he got his junk cut off.He's dead on about not letting her fight women. A trained male is too strong for a trained female. He's a comedian too, so he spiced it up a bit, screw it. Everyone gets made fun of sometimes. Report
March 22, 201313 yr comment_73153 PK i just watched her one KO....thats a huge bi^#$. There is no way she/he should be allowed to fight. There is deff an advantage Report
March 22, 201313 yr Author comment_73155 I'm glad you watched the video, Irish. There are a shit ton of feminists out there in social media, so hung up on how Rogan phrased certain shit, that they completely forgot what the discussion was about. Fallon Fox is going to cave another woman's head in. Report
March 22, 201313 yr comment_73157 Oh def...and god bless the he/she for the change but it really looks like she found a easy way to cash in... Report
March 22, 201313 yr comment_73159 I'm glad you watched the video, Irish. There are a shit ton of feminists out there in social media, so hung up on how Rogan phrased certain shit, that they completely forgot what the discussion was about. Fallon Fox is going to cave another woman's head in.I hate it when the point gets lost in that kind of crap. I was mildly annoyed, but what're you going to do? His major point was that she's going to destroy someone. Report
March 22, 201313 yr Author comment_73170 I should also say that the other side of this - the people bashing on the feminists for their opinions on this, also forgot what the discussion was about. They got super ugly and disgraceful, too. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.