March 19, 201313 yr comment_73057 Been sick the past couple of weeks, and now is the season where we all get runny noses, watery eyes, and feel terrible. Anyways go with Zyrtec, I took Allegra about 4 times and it did nothing for me at all. Took one Zyrtec this morning and it worked after an hour and is still working. Just giving a heads up in case anyone is feeling under the weather and needs to know what to choose. Report
March 19, 201313 yr comment_73058 Allegra is unfortunately more of a "maintanence" medication. You need to take it for a while to experience the "blocking" effect. It's kind of like the difference between Rolaids or Tums (immediate effect) and some prescription medication like Omeprazole (long time maintanence) Report
March 20, 201313 yr Author comment_73092 Both of them offer the same thing on the box so they should both have the same effect. However after using Zyrtec I have lost taste, and I have terrible cotton mouth. Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73101 Weird, probably blocking some receptors in your mouth or something. Report
March 22, 201313 yr comment_73173 I've been really lucky this winter. Haven't been sick. But spring is always what fucks me up. We'll see what happens. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.