March 12, 201313 yr comment_72788 LOOK AMAZING SO AMAZING NO SARCASM HERE Dead Island was fucking terrible, at least in comparison to the promises it made. The online element was godawful for PS3. The graphics were mediocre, and the storyline was so meh that I couldn't give two shits about it.I'm shocked they made a sequel. Report
March 13, 201313 yr Author comment_72804 I liked it. The melee felt satisfying compared to all. the. shooter. zombie. games. PC was pretty smooth. Never played it on a console. Report
March 13, 201313 yr comment_72808 The melee was a nice touch / concept, but it honestly fell short. I can do melee in L4D2 if I want and be successful, and have far more fun. It was kind of like the Fable effect. We were promised the world, and given the state of Kentucky. Nothing's wrong with Kentucky, but we wanted a hell of a lot more. Report
March 13, 201313 yr Author comment_72809 In L4D2 the melee is lame in my opinion. Also limited by only a handful of weapons and zero thrown ones. Playing as Logan in Dead Island was fun as hell. You could throw your weapons, and if specced right, they'd boomerang back to you. Then there's the legendary weapons. I'm a sucker for collecting and min/maxing. I can't do that on L4D/2. I'll admit the beginning of Dead Island was terrible, but once past the resort area, I feel it got a whole lot better and more difficult. Report
March 16, 201313 yr comment_72963 I feel ya there Mrs B. I felt like it fell way short of what they were promising. Once I got past the horrible story and stomped on expectations I had fun through the game once. With this one, well, it's on the cheap side for a game, and has the potential to be enjoyable for a play through with friends. AND KY ain't so bad Certainly not the world though. Report
March 16, 201313 yr Author comment_72978 Maybe I missed it or something, but I don't know what you two mean when you say it didn't deliver on its promises. Can someone elaborate for me? Report
March 16, 201313 yr comment_72980 On release it was a buggy game that needed a bit of work to even make playable in coop on PC. That was then, but it marred it a lot for me. After that was the story. All of these gameplay features are presented in a dark story inspired by classic zombie movies with a gritty and engrossing campaign that can be played with up to four players in co-op mode. Yeah, "we fucked" . Really bad story with really bad side missions in between. Let me tell you how engrossed I was when I went and got that bottle of water or some other non sense for a crazy woman. What’s more, anytime during a game up to four players can seamlessly join together and experience the intense combat and immersive story with cooperative gameplay. Drop in drop out worked most of the time, but you might as well forget about the missions etc if you miss anything. Don't get me wrong. It was good at basic loot gathering and the melee was enjoyable if repetitive, but it was not this engrossing story driven game that was promised. Report
March 16, 201313 yr comment_72981 Also promised was an in-depth decay system for the zombies, as well as realistic damage simulation (which just became limb removal and blood splattering). Dat covered most of it, the storyline was anything but engaging. That trailer was so mindblowingly awesome, then they present us with that game, and it was terrible. Plus, your feet. YOUR FEET. shuffle shuffle jump Report
March 16, 201313 yr Author comment_72984 The water thing was a continuous side quest (one of many) that gave easy XP. If it were part of a main quest line, I'd be right there with you. I got the game way after it had released. Picked it up for $5 on a Steam sale and I definitely got my money's worth. I really enjoyed the melee combat. Way more than I enjoyed the shooting. Kind of wish it didn't have any guns in it to be perfectly honest. Thanks for elaborating. The only thing I could recall back from release, was that one trailer with the girl that played in reverse. Report
March 16, 201313 yr comment_72985 A year after release, with patches in tow and for $5 bucks it's not a disappointment at all. Release day pre-order? Full letdown then. I'll still likely get Riptide, but I won't go in expecting much. Hopefully they will surprise me. Report
March 16, 201313 yr Author comment_72986 @MrsBE I don't base anything off of trailers. If I did that, I would own a bunch of crappy games. I don't think the game was terrible. Would have been nice to have the gradual decaying of the faces, but that wouldn't improve the gameplay any. If it had a better story, I don't think it would have made the game any better for anyone who thought the melee fell short. That's just me, though. Plenty of people love the Dead Space series of games. I can't get past the hip swivel of their third person camera. It completely destroys any fun I could try and have with those games. Report
March 16, 201313 yr Author comment_72987 You guys keep posting right after I do. Stop that! lol A great deal of release games at present have hitches. That's just how these games are being pushed out. The latest few I can recall off the top of my head would be SimCity and Lara Croft. Report
March 16, 201313 yr comment_72989 Without a doubt. I thought for sure that Tomb Raider was going to be on my disappointment list. Managed to pull through and impress me, but it still deserves being dinged for day 1 crashes. Only reason I don't hold it completely against them is due to the fact it could be fixed by turning an option off. Still, I hate day one bugs. Report
March 19, 201313 yr comment_73074 I went and got the orig at midnight, ran home like a excited fat kid with ice cream only to want to shoot myself 3hours in.....whack whack run...whack whack run....and the thing never followed. Report
March 19, 201313 yr Author comment_73076 What thing never followed? How far into the game are you? Past the resort? Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73088 The zombie...lol. it basicly looked like ahhh thats to far to walk screw it. Yeah i mafe it to the town and gave up Report
March 20, 201313 yr Author comment_73107 That's when the game started to get good for me. I absolutely hate the resort area where you start the game at. If you ever give it another shot, I suggest playing co-op with some friends. Makes a bit of difference, since you can revive co-op partners and it's easier to take down mobs and mini bosses. Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73112 I spent way too much time in the resort. I think thats what killed it for me. Report
March 20, 201313 yr Author comment_73116 That stupid resort area killed it for many people, including me. Had I not known about other parts of the island, I would have quit playing it. Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_73129 If i ever catch my backlog of games up i may give it another shot. But thats alot of backlog to cover..lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.