February 12, 201313 yr comment_71288 Don't watch this with your hormonal girlfriend / fiance / wife / partner / dog. It's all fun and games until you watch David Tennant, and then everything goes to shit, and it's tears and snot everywhere. Watching it again with the boyfriend for the first time in a few years, and I'm bawling like a child. Did anyone else find Tennant's Doctor to be particularly more sad than any other? I'm so upset I'm drinking a cup of tea and kicked him off the big screen so I can play Skyrim and shoot people. Report
February 12, 201313 yr comment_71323 I havent seen the older ones but of the new three Tennant was by far the saddest. Eccleston had some moments and greatly contributed to Ten's story line by provided a lot of emotional ties to the characters and companions that both Nine and Ten shared. So far Tennant has been my favorite doctor out of all of them, he was a damn good doctor and the story that was written while he was still there was brilliant. Really hoping that they bring him back in the 50th anniversary this year. Report
February 12, 201313 yr Author comment_71334 Eccleston is actually my favourite Doctor - Tennant is absolutely fabulous though. I think if Esccleston had been able to have additional seasons, he would have become far more popular. They had just rebooted the series, so they had no idea how popular it was going to become. And I seriously hope they bring the both of them back for the 50th, that would be amazing! I also really enjoy Matt Smith, he brings both a brooding sadness and boyish charm at the same time, moreso than the others. I used to watch Doctor Who growing up as a kid with my aunts, so I've loved the series for a bit. Peter Davison was my first Doctor as a kid, and I adored him. I was giggling like a schoolgirl when he was in the later series as a cameo. Still, we're almost to the end of Tennant's run and I'm just absolutely dreading the last episode. I don't want to hear his opposite allon-sy. Report
February 12, 201313 yr comment_71340 Eccleston was my first doctor and he was brilliant in the role, and i do wish he would have stayed on just a bit longer. When Tennant first entered I wasnt to sure of him at first. I was starting to like 9 as a character and then it was his time, but before the end of his first episode when he was quoting lion king to the aliens mind controlling the world i had a feeling he was gonna be good. As for smith, im still trying to get use to him and its taken a bit. At first I couldnt get over how weird he looked, or how unlike the other doctors (that i have seen) he was. Now he seems a little more serious, but still a tad distant from his previous incarnations.Tennants farewell episode is not one I would want to watch again for joy, he is my favorite doctor and i didnt want to see him go either.also this Report
February 13, 201313 yr Author comment_71355 Yeah, when Tennant started I was like "EH. I don't think I'm going to like this guy. Nope nope nope." I wasn't a huge fan of the 6th and 7th Doctors (I loved the 8th though) so I was slightly irked that Eccleston was gone so soon, especially with a companion crossover. But then he said "Fantastic" at the end, and I was like "Well, maybe". I was concerned he was going to be a bit more serious and proper, since I'd seen / heard him with the Royal Shakespeare Company before (ajshkjahdkjasd PatrickStewartIloveyou) Then I fell in love with the adorable bastard. A Scot after my own heart. Couldn't have been more pleased. Matt Smith I at first went "NO! I REFUSE!" but then I remembered how much I loved Tennant, so I warmed up to him incredibly fast. He's an amazing actor, and we have the same thing in common, which is we both lack eyebrows. If he penciled his in, he'd look like a perfectly normal person. If you want a funny tumblr, http://mattsmithwitheyebrows.tumblr.com/ And since my bf hasn't seen 10th's departure, I have to watch it again. I don't want to. But since I've suffered through Doomsday and Journey's End, I'm going to suffer through the last episode. That video, btw, is one of my favourites. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.