June 15, 201016 yr comment_11217 Anyone ever watch this? I'm almost done with the series and am enjoying it. It's available on Netflix, but originally aired on the Discovery Channel. Report
June 15, 201016 yr Author comment_11333 My favorite part about this show, is how there was a Fish and Wildlife ranger and a 30 year hunting veteran in this group. They both left a few days in, leaving just city slickers with barely any experience out in the wild.In the above video, is Jake. Besides Carolyn (she's hot), he's my favorite person in the series so far. He hasn't ever hunted before, but he ends up being pretty much, the sole provider of food. He excelled out there. He almost always came back with food. I think if he wasn't there, the show wouldn't have gone as far as it did. He was also the person who got people out of their funks.Carolyn also impressed me. When an animal needed to be skinned, plucked, gutted or whatever, she was right on it. She also supplemented their meals by making stews with dumplings. So they were getting protein and carbohydrates. Her and Jake carried their team. John, too, to an extent. He was always working. They always had a fire and fuel for it, because of him.I haven't finished the show yet, but they're on day two of hunting for Black Bear. if they can bag one, they'll have food for two weeks. If they don't, they'll have to hope for another Porcupine, bird or small rodent.I don't even like reality shows. This one is good, though. I'm glad I entertained my whim to check it out. Discovery rarely lets me down. Report
June 16, 201016 yr Author comment_11399 Finished this up last night. Now I get to hope that the first season is on Netflix (The Alaska Experiment), and that another season is filming (nothing confirmed yet). Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.