January 17, 201313 yr comment_69220 Its been almost 2 months but i guess its time to finally introduce myself. I usally lurk around in the livestreams when im here and enjoy them. Been a gamer since i got my Nintendo 64, had great memories as a kid playing super smash brothers and mario kart 64 on the nintendo 64 with my brother and father, but my dad stopped playing because he hated losing. so far this place seems great and community is really nice to each other. I live in California, gonna graduate high school and hope to go into the field of computers. finally, Hello to everyone.Just a quick question, would anyone know a cheap gaming pc(or components) that can run planetside 2? and thank you in advance. Report
January 17, 201313 yr comment_69221 Heya, Dvd. Thanks for coming out of lurk mode for a bit. =] Report
January 17, 201313 yr comment_69222 Welcome to the forums, DVD. I'm sorry about what Blu-Ray did to you in the format wars.And lol at the Earl/Bleach gif in your sig. Report
January 17, 201313 yr comment_69224 Sup DVD! Welcome!As for a "cheap" gaming PC it really all depends on #1) What is your definition of "cheap" (i.e. what is your budget you're thinking about?) #2) Are you trying to build a PC that will barely run Planetside 2 (on lowest settings but smoothly) or are you looking for a little more power?I'm sure a bunch of us here an recommend a setup for you Report
January 17, 201313 yr Author comment_69244 A pc that will run planetside 2 with good frame rates and on a low budget. Medium to low settings. Report
January 18, 201313 yr comment_69248 Another question is what are you currently running? Do you have any components that can be pulled over into the new system? (Case, maybe power supply, DVD drive, monitor?)Building an AMD system (which is what I'm currently running) will also be cheaper than Intel. I'll do some searching around.Also how comfortable do you feel about overclocking? Report
January 18, 201313 yr comment_69249 Depending on how you feel about overclocking, this is a pretty great rig for the price if you don't mind building yourself (it's not too hard, I built my first last year).CPU: AMD OEM Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghzMotherboard: MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ MotherboardVideo Card: XFX AMD 7850Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB 1333 Mhz RAMPower Supply: OCZ 600W Modular PSUHDD: WD Blue 500GB 7200 RPMOptical: Samsung Optical DriveCase: Corsair Carbide 300RCPU Cooler: Corsair H70 Liquid CoolerTotal cost you're looking at around $580 after mail in rebates (about $670ish before rebates). The reason there is a CPU Liquid Cooler is because the OEM AMD chip does not come with any factory thermal compound or heatsink.You should be able to run just about any game you throw at this thing on medium to high settings. Only thing you need really is a monitor.As for the overclocking, I'd only start dabbling with it when you're comfortable. Here is a decent write up about OC and includes some helpful videos on the second page of the article:http://www.gamersnex...ng-primer-guideGood luck!*edit* Totally forgot. You'll also need to shell out about an additional $100 for a new copy of WIndows 7 to install on the system. Report
January 18, 201313 yr comment_69268 Hi DVD. I'm glad you decided to stick around and post in the forums. Welcome to the family! Report
January 18, 201313 yr Author comment_69269 Thank you rose. Panda I'm comfortable with building a pc because my sisters boyfriend has his own business building and repairing pc's. He recommended to buy a new motherboard since my motherboard wont support most graphic cards. So I'm looking to try and build a gaming pc or buy one. Srry if I reply late Report
January 18, 201313 yr Author comment_69270 Forgot to mention that my sisters boyfriend would help me out. Report
January 20, 201313 yr comment_69304 Welcome DVD. This setup is a bit pricier: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7636107Would be about 530 shipped, and you'd still need a hard drive and a video card. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.