November 22, 201213 yr comment_66171 hey everyone i need some help here. i have a hauppauge hdprv and a macbook pro. i currently broadcast on jtv and it actually broadcasts very well but theres one thing. after a while it starts to lag behind. and another thing i dont know how to stream multiplayer without it lagging like hell. is there a better capture device that i could get that will work with the mac and XBOX 360. If anyone can help itd be much appreciated. Btw i use these things right now:Camtwist (Ptovides input signal to FME)Hauppauge Hdpvr (To Capture and Record)Flash Media Encoder (To Broadcast)Audio Hijack Pro (Captures and streams Audio to FME)Eye TV (For Video Capture)If there is any suggestions to make my channel i will gladly take themCheck out my YOUTUBE to see some of my quality videos www.youtube.com/sargesgamingchanneltwitch.tv/monsternationgaming Report
November 22, 201213 yr comment_66173 Welcome to Gamercide, Sarge.Seems that is a problem recently using FME and Camtwist. I was watching Desert Bus and they were using the same setup early on and had synching issues with audio. I'm not sure how they fixed their issue, though.It's too bad Xsplit and FFsplit don't have Mac versions.Our resident broadcast guru won't be around for a few days because of Thanksgiving, but maybe someone else from the forums will be able to help you. Report
November 23, 201213 yr Author comment_66193 Welcome to Gamercide, Sarge.Seems that is a problem recently using FME and Camtwist. I was watching Desert Bus and they were using the same setup early on and had synching issues with audio. I'm not sure how they fixed their issue, though.It's too bad Xsplit and FFsplit don't have Mac versions.Our resident broadcast guru won't be around for a few days because of Thanksgiving, but maybe someone else from the forums will be able to help you.well i dont have a real issue with the audio it just seems to lag behind after broadcasting for a while. i got an action tec powerline adapter today that runs the internet straight to my xbox at 500 mbps so im gonna see if that will work Report
November 23, 201213 yr comment_66198 Well. The lag behind thing seems to happen over time with FME. I'm not really sure why, but over time FME does that. I have had mine get as far as 30 seconds behind, but that is usually after a while of game play. Restarting the stream fixes it for me. Also, I've noticed users will get behind from twitch as well. Often, they can refresh the page an gain as much as 5 seconds. Lag when playing multiplayer is usually due to not enough upload bandwidth or a router that can't handle two different high bandwidth sources at the same time. What's your upload speed and what bitrate do you broadcast at? Report
November 26, 201213 yr Author comment_66323 Well. The lag behind thing seems to happen over time with FME. I'm not really sure why, but over time FME does that. I have had mine get as far as 30 seconds behind, but that is usually after a while of game play. Restarting the stream fixes it for me. Also, I've noticed users will get behind from twitch as well. Often, they can refresh the page an gain as much as 5 seconds.Lag when playing multiplayer is usually due to not enough upload bandwidth or a router that can't handle two different high bandwidth sources at the same time.What's your upload speed and what bitrate do you broadcast at?mine if im broadcasting while playing multiplayer is around 500mbps. its really bad so it must be the router. its a carppy one that att gave us when we got uverse and i dont think that i can change it Report
November 26, 201213 yr comment_66332 You mind going to http://speedtest.net and posting your results? I didn't know Uverse had 500Mbps upload. Unless you mean 500kbps. Which would be pretty slow. Regardless, if you run speedtest it will give you a result like this:Then you will need to set your bitrate in FME to about half to 3/4 of the upload speedtest gave you. You can set it higher during single player games, and you can experiment until you can get lag free multiplayer. My upload is around 3Mbps or about 3000kbps. So I would start with a bitrate around 1500kbps and go as high as 2200kbps while playing multiplayer. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.