Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

30 Days of Being Thankful

Featured Replies

A little late in posting this, but each day post what you are thankful for. For the first post, you'll have to post for 15 days!

I am thankful for........

1. The paths that I have chosen to get to where I am today, because without that I would not have met....

2. Jason. We had our major shares of ups and downs, however without him I would not be.

3. My boys; Granite and Logan. They make me want to be a better person.

4. Having a roof over my head especially after recent weather events.

5. Having a job. I might complain about it, but at least I have one.

6. My Gamercide family. You have all listened to me rant and cry more times than I can count.

7. My Nan. She is the strongest woman that I know and she helped to shape my beliefs and also turned me into a nutcase cleaning person.

8. The one year that I got to spend with my Pap. I may have only been one when he passed away due to the "Widow Maker" (massive heart attack), but I'm glad that I got to spend some time with him even if I don't remember it.

9. My brother. He keeps me sane when family drama starts.

10. Veteran Affairs....I may not be happy with the healthcare, but without them I would not have been able to go to college.

11. My in laws. They invited me live with them after Jason and I got pregnant with Granite. I have so much love for them and for what they have done for me. They saved me from a horrible living situation with my mother.

12. My photography. It got me through some rough times and has allowed me to bring in a little extra income from time to time.

13. For the best damn pair of running shoes I have ever owned.

14. For the moments that I got to spend with my father hunting. That was when we truly bonded.

15. Pen and paper. Sometimes you just have to write stuff down to get it out.

I am thankful for

1. God, Jesus Christ, their gospel and the blessings I have recieved from them.

2. My wife Amy who is my best friend and the reason I want to be a better person, my kids Michael, Madison, Kaden, and Korbyn they make my life worth living and fill it with happiness and joy.

3. My Mom, Grandmother, Sisters and Brother, my inlaws and all extended family.

4. Living in a country that I can enjoy freedom and prosperity, my kids have never known true want of anything.

5. Friends who I have known for a long time and still enjoy being around them.

6. Having a comfortable home.

7. Having a good stable job.

8. Having relativly good health.

9. Being able to change what I dont like about myself.

10. The outdoors, hunting, camping, fishing and the fun I have in those experiences

11. Going for a good run.

12. A good book with a good story.

13. A well home cooked meal

14. A nap (when my kids let me have one)

15. Meeting new/different people, going to new/different places.

1) My sister. I know no matter what I'll always have her as a best friend.

2) Electricity. Sounds silly but I know what it's like to be without for a week, and gd it sucks.

3) My dog Ralph. He doesn't know it but he brings me so much joy and happiness each and every day.

4) My boy. We don't always get along but he loves and accepts me for who I am, including all my weird quirks. I'm not an easy person to tolerate at times, and I am just now realizing that.

5) My imagination. I dream up some incredible things.

6) The ability to read/listen to music.

7) My brother. After believing him dead for 12 years having him come back into my life was so awesome.

8) Words. I fucking love me some words.

9) Not growing up in a big city. I learned a lot of valuable lessons about entertaining myself that others don't have. I also don't mind long drives to places.

10) Warm, fuzzy socks. Adorable print is a bonus.

11) The internet! I've met so many incredible people through it, I couldn't imagine what life would be like without them.

12) Things that make me laugh,

13) Food for thought. I love things that make me really think.

14) My parents, even though my relationship with them is touch and go.

15) The ability to read and write.

1. My parents. They've helped so much along the way.

2. My education. Being educated has led me further than I can physically show.

3. Modern medicine and doctors. I haven't had exactly the most normal body. Modern medicine has both healed my colon and gave me a normal height. Thanks docs!

4. Music. There is very little I can appreciate every single hour of a day. Music is the only thing I can think of. It helps you when you're sad, happy, nervous, anything really.

5. Video games. Not only are they a great time killer and a great way to indulge yourself, but they have led me to meet some awesome people and find some awesome places. Ahem.

6. The Internet. Very close to the same reason. I've fostered dozens of great relationships just from the people I've met on the Internet. It's hard to realize how much less I'd have without it.

7. My brothers. They're little shits but I couldn't imagine living without them both. Although we all have different interests, we always find things to talk about and hanging around with them is still great.

8. Bad people in general. Whether it being super self-indulgent people, people looking out for only themselves, or just mean people in general, it has helped me realize what a good person is. It took a little while of getting walked over to finally learn but it's something I'm thankful for.

9. The universe and existing. We live in a floating spaceship that is literally 13.75 billion years old and extremely vast, littered with trillions of galaxies, perhaps some even containing someone thinking the same thing I am right now. That is amazing to me. It beings me constant thought, admiration, and curiosity and for that I'm thankful.

10. My dog, Cookie. Coming home from a long day, she instantly brings a smile to my face. Seeing how excited she gets to see me EVERY SINGLE DAY never gets old.

11. Being able to read and write. Without this, how could I appreciate all of the things you guys are thankful for and write my own? Writing is also so therapeutic and fun. I love seeing my handwriting evolve, get better, more efficient, all while being able to vent out problems or dump the contents of my mind out into something interesting or fun.

12. Having a job. Man, it does kind of suck to get up at 1AM every day and work for 14 hours but damn is it an accomplishing feeling at the end of the day and the end of the week when I know I pay my own bills and am working to help myself.

13. This planet. The everyday sights I see are always awesome. Whether is be a cool chasm formed by a million year old glacier that was once here or a tree in the park or a big open field or even a city, it all shows how cool this place is.

14. Friends. They are the multitools of your life, if you think about it. They can influence what you read, what you write, what you listen to, they can be bad people but more often than not they are good people, they can show you how great your life is, they can educate you, help you explore the vastness of the world, help you feel better on a shitty day. Everything. My friends have done all of this and I am grateful for it all.

15. My room. Being able to come home and sit in my underwear after a long day and then snuggle up into my comforter is great.

16. My car. Being able to go for a nice drive anywhere I want is nice. I can clear my head, listen to some music and think. Feels good man.

17. Living in the modern age. How quickly I can communicate with anyone, see any video, play almost every game is amazing.

18. A beer or 4 when I get home from work. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.