November 13, 201213 yr comment_65808 Didn't see one so I'm starting it. Just got my copy and now I have to wait till work is over to check it out. Anyone else picking up a copy or have any interest in playing it? My 360 GT is ThermoNukePanda if you feel like adding me. If my FL is full for some reason (it's prob pretty close) send me a message and tell me to stop being lazy and clear up a free spot. Report
November 13, 201213 yr comment_65809 My son is getting it, he wont be playing till he has his homework done though, I will check it out while he does home work. Report
November 13, 201213 yr Author comment_65810 I will check it out while he does home work.DAD POWERS....... ACTIVATE!!! Report
November 13, 201213 yr comment_65818 I am getting it! I don't know why but I am a little worried. Hope I don't get bored and frustrated of it too fast. We shall see!I liked the first Black Ops well enough but MW2 was not that great to me. MW3 I passed on because it looked exactly like MW2. Black Ops 2 looks like they mixed it up a bit and the zombie section got a bit more love.I love FPS but all these COD games bore me sooner than later. Maybe it is the stiff competition online. I can only take so many beat downs for so long and I don't have unlimited hours for this. I have moments where I am on a good team and performing well but I wished these games matched skill levels better.That said I loved Battlefield Bad Company 2 the most. The maps were bigger, vehicles with destructible environments and I felt I could really compete and be more strategic. BF3 was a backwards step to me. Report
November 13, 201213 yr comment_65820 https://twitter.com/...457898114416640https://twitter.com/...461074196594688Pretty much the only reasons why I'd get this game. I have no interest in MP, other than zombies. I have no interest in a game with such a short SP mode. Report
November 13, 201213 yr comment_65822 Zombies looks good. Not Left for Dead good but should be entertaining. Report
November 13, 201213 yr comment_65823 Question. Didn't the devs say quite awhile back that there would be an online death match mode where the two teams take each other on like normal and also have to contend with zombies at the same time? I could of swore that was talked about but I don't see any mention of this in the reviews I read today. Report
November 13, 201213 yr comment_65825 https://twitter.com/...457898114416640https://twitter.com/...461074196594688Pretty much the only reasons why I'd get this game. I have no interest in MP, other than zombies. I have no interest in a game with such a short SP mode.That's the PS vita game, I've actually heard they do some interesting stuff with the story in the main console games.Either way, I'm pretty much the same, only care about single player and zombies(though at this point I don't even know how crazy zombies has gotten, I found the 2 maps that came with the original black ops overwhelming as compared to the 4 from WaW). Report
November 14, 201213 yr Author comment_65844 Question. Didn't the devs say quite awhile back that there would be an online death match mode where the two teams take each other on like normal and also have to contend with zombies at the same time? I could of swore that was talked about but I don't see any mention of this in the reviews I read today.There is some sort of competitive face off mode or something but you can't kill each other. I heard something about two teams, can't damage or kill one another, and you have to fend off zombies and make them attack the other guys using the environment or something. Dunno, only played a bit of multi last night. Report
November 14, 201213 yr comment_65848 After watching Jason play for about 10 minutes...it's the same old same old...except for Zombies. I really do not get where reviewers keep calling this series "unique" and "innovative" like *cough cough* IGN. It's the same old damn thing every year! Report
November 14, 201213 yr comment_65866 IGN's review page for this game looks like a freaking love letter to Acti. Report
November 14, 201213 yr comment_65871 Oh and the game is so great that is barely playable on the PS3. Funny, because they had the same issue with the first Black Ops. I want to rip this game a new asshole.~According to IGNthis is not just a fantastic Call of Duty game, but one of the best shooters of the last decadeIt's sickening. I despise IGN for so many reasons and this just adds to my list. Report
November 16, 201213 yr comment_65914 I have to agree it is the same old thing year after year with COD.My impressions are:Graphics are the same as Black Ops 1. The sound effects are really awesome though but nothing too new here.Zombie mode is more robust than before. Played solo a bit but damn it is tough. The zombies are strong and hard to put down at first.I was hoping that they would integrate the zombie thing into other modes. For example why not have a normal death match where we are trying to kill the other team as usual but then throw in some battlefield events like all the sudden a pack of zombies show up so now we have to deal with the other team and zombies. That would be cool. Other battlefield events could happen as well. For example, there is a map on an aircraft carrier. Why not have some emergency where the damn thing starts sinking while we fight each other. I don't know just something that starts to become new and possibly innovative. I also don't know how much more development time this would take. Battlefield games have or had something going with destructible environments. I feel at minimum that should be the new norm. The terrain should change and evolve as you play. Maybe next gen!I am thankful for custom game mode or local play with bots so I can practice all the maps, get better then go online but normal online play is the same as it has always been. You level up, unlock things and create classes. The pick 10 system they went to is actually much better than previous systems in my mind. Online is brutal. Without team tactics and friends you will get owned. The game was matching me with level 30+ on tuesday night right after I bought it. You heard right in less than 24hrs people were already level 30+ probably 50 by now!They definitely played it safe with this game. I suspected they might. It is not the next innovation at all but if like COD, know what our getting into and realize it will be very very similar to past entries then you will like this. New game, new excuse to go online and level up I guess. Zombies could be good just have not spent enough time in it yet. Report
November 16, 201213 yr comment_65922 Wound up gameglying the 360 version cause thats what workmates got, turned out to be a good decision.The.multiplayer seems to be a melding of bf3 and mw3, I like it, the customization is pretty cool too, they stepped it up a bit.Haven't played anyhing but mp yet, buy I did play in 3d too. Looked really cool, especially the hud, but 3d makes it lag a couple of crucial split seconds, so should only be used in campaign. Report
November 18, 201213 yr comment_65939 this is not just a fantastic Call of Duty game, but one of the best shooters of the last decadeHalo CE wants a word with them retards. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.