October 29, 201213 yr comment_65141 Hurricane Sandy is going to hit me almost dead on in a few hours. They're saying mass power outages until the weekend or so. Mass flooding until at least midweek. I'll take some pics and upload them once I get back on the grid. Almost guaranteed to be out power for the next few days. At least I'm stocked up on beer! Report
October 29, 201213 yr comment_65142 I am currently stranded in Los Angeles. All my flights were cancelled. Was supposed to fly back tonight, now stuck here till Wednesday. Trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for the hotel for three more nights.Will post more later. Stay safe people Report
October 29, 201213 yr comment_65151 I am getting pummeled right now. We live in a wooded area so we are concerned by the numbers of trees, because a normal thunderstorm tends to bring down the limbs. There is also a creek behind my house that they issued a flood warning for, but we sit up on a bank so we should be fine with that. The winds and rain have really picked up and the weather people aren't sure about snow yet. Some are saying up to 2 feet others are just saying a mix when Sandy meets up with the Canadian front. The worst of it is coming this afternoon and through the night. Most likely power will go out which means we will end up at Jason's parents. We got supplies on Friday and it was a mad house. People were being so damn rude; trying to take stuff before you get it. I'm glad that we don't usually get hurricanes, because I would have to choke some people. Report
October 29, 201213 yr comment_65152 I'm supposed to get hit probably late today or tomorrow.Should be interresting. Report
October 29, 201213 yr comment_65155 Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like I'm going to get some of the bad weather from this, but nothing like you all are experiencing. Be safe. Report
October 29, 201213 yr comment_65233 Power is still on. Although I expect it to go soon. I've been taking some video and photos. I'll post them once everything passes by. I don't see how Avahra and others down south do this every year. I'm just about ready to have a heart attack every time I hear a tree limb land on the roof. Report
October 29, 201213 yr comment_65248 Yeah Sandy's going to be one for the books. Might lose power soon, too... Report
October 30, 201213 yr comment_65251 Stay safe all of you. Also chris, ask the airline about duress lodgings. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_65342 FINALLY made it back into town last last night. Also the airline (United) wouldn't give me crap and told me that they don't control the weather and it's not like they bumped me or anything for no reason. Ah well. LA was still cool and the funny thing is my area (which was forecasted to get SLAMMED) didn't get touched... at all. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_65347 Speaking of NY. I'm glad Bloomberg doesn't have any control over any of my actions. Forced carpooling checkpoints made the traffic worse! Good job, Bloomie.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkfK7OPEB0 Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_65349 What an idiot. In LA if there is a huge hurricane open they open both lanes of the freeway and make them one direction: The get the fuck out direction Report
November 2, 201213 yr comment_65370 Everything here is okay. We have a little bit of cleanup to do this weekend, but despite what we got we were incredibly lucky. There is a lady around us that died due to power lines coming down on her house. She was electrocuted We didn't know her, but it was awful seeing the fire trucks and ambulances knowing what happened. Granite's school district finally opened back up today so he was able to go back to school. They were closed since Monday due to power lines and trees being down.I have just never seen anything like that before. Huge pine trees that had were here since I can remember and also since could remember were just completely uprooted and tossed around like they were toy dolls. Power lines completely snapped into two. The destruction was just incredible to see. Avahra, I tip my hat to you, because I just don't know how you can with deal hurricanes each year. Report
November 2, 201213 yr comment_65379 I've only been through 1 hurricane so far (Isaac) and a couple tropical storms. I don't know how they do it either. Report
November 6, 201213 yr Author comment_65471 I lost power for about two days. No real damage compared to Hurricane Irene last year though. That was an absolute disaster in this area. I'm glad to hear everyone made it through safe and sound! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.