October 3, 201214 yr comment_64475 Has anyone else picked up the new RE. I grabbed it yesterday and after an hour or so i was acc happy. I like how they went back to the T virus zombies. The only downfall i see are he 3 diff storys, but they all work togeather so ill live. Report
October 3, 201214 yr comment_64478 Glad you're enjoying it. I myself have different opinions on the matter haha. Report
October 3, 201214 yr comment_64487 I think you're being way too harsh on the game for not having actually played it yourself. And I don't see RE4 or RE5 as that big of a downfall from the old games. Were the old ones really that great? The weird stories, ammo and health management, and tension were generally great, but the controls were shite. Making a game more tense by having your character control like a tank missing its treads is just silly. Report
October 3, 201214 yr comment_64493 Oh I'm definitely being hard on it already without playing it. That much I'll give you. RE4 wasn't horrible really and I quite enjoyed it.RE5? I hated a lot about that game. The biggest thing that annoyed me, after all the change in tone from tension to action, was the disjointed story. The whole game was "chapters". It wasn't fluid. I understand the need to kind of make it like that with the whole emphasis on co-op but to me it was a distraction and took me away from the game itself.As for tank controls, I don't feel thats what made the old games "tense". Limited saves was tense. Having to choose to run many times in hopeless situations made the game tense. Limited inventory space combined with infrequent storage chests made the game tense. Everyone seems to hate on solely the "controls" for the previous entries in the series (rightfully so), but there was so much more to the games that made them tense and difficult (i.e. SURVIVAL) in my opinion. Now we get checkpoints every few minutes, unlimited saving, can cart around ridiculous amounts of stuff in our inventories, and basically the answer to every situation is to hold down the firing trigger and go forward.RE5 was linear, ridiculously linear, and don't even get me going about puzzles. Love ya kev!@Irish: Please give me your detailed thoughts when you get the chance. I'm eager to read some thoughts from people around here (and I won't fight you on your opinions, don't worry lol) instead of reading random crap on the internet. Report
October 4, 201214 yr comment_64507 I finished Leon's campaign a little bit ago, and I actually enjoyed it. If you miss the survival horror aspect, I'm sure you'll enjoy Leon's story the most out of the 4. It certainly has it's problems, but personally I disagree with the overly negative reviews it's gotten. It's not the best RE game, but it's still good I feel. Capcom tried to please a ton of people with one game which I think is where they may have went wrong in some people's eyes. It's not very consistent and it jumps around a lot in terms of gameplay styles, but if you go into it viewing it as 4 separate games I think you will enjoy it far much more.Leon's was a little reminiscent of RE2, but it felt more like a hybrid of RE4 & RE5. If anyone does end up playing it, I highly suggest playing on the hardest difficulty, I found I enjoyed it far more this way. I'm playing Chris's campaign now and it's basically more RE5, which is fine with me because I also enjoyed that game as well.Resident Evil has went through a ton of changes over the years, but I've always enjoyed the series. They may not be the best games, but they're good quality for what they are and I always have fun, and I guess that's all that matters. Report
October 4, 201214 yr comment_64510 and I always have fun, and I guess that's all that matters.That is the #1 thing, I absolutely agree with you on that. Report
October 4, 201214 yr comment_64512 That's the unwritten Gamercide motto - "If you're not having fun, what's the point?"I guess it is written. It was in our Community Playdate on LIVE and it's on our livestream. lol Report
October 4, 201214 yr comment_64519 That's the unwritten Gamercide motto - "If you're not having fun, what's the point?"I guess it is written. It was in our Community Playdate on LIVE and it's on our livestream. lolDamn straight dude. Different strokes for different folks, and what's awesome about our place is we all respect each other for that. Report
October 5, 201214 yr comment_64536 I'll still end up getting it eventually when there is a steam sale after the PC version comes out, but the thing that bothers me the most from all the gameplay I've seen is just unresponsive enemies are to being shot at. The best part about 4 and 5 was shooting the enemy in the knee or head so you can use a melee attack on them. Unless I just haven't seen enough, the enemies just seem to soak up the bullets and don't really get stunned before. Plus melee isn't really a reward anymore and just almost even more important than guns it looks like. Though I still have to actually go download that demo, now that Microsoft allows me to with my peasants silver account. Report
October 8, 201214 yr comment_64605 I really enjoyed RE6. Ive played through all the campaigns but i feel like i still want to keep playing it. I've written a review giving my thoughts if anyone is interested http://chrisplaysgames.wordpress.com/My mate picked it up so I'm looking forward to playing some co-op with him. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.