Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

John Dies at the End

Featured Replies

john-dies-at-the-end.jpg

I'm not exactly sure how to start this topic off, so i'll just type it all in one go and not edit myself, NO REGRETS, NO WEAKNESS, ONWARD FROTH!!!(its really whipped cream, silly ;D)

So. John Dies at the End, NOT a spoiler... or at least i cant verify if it's a spoiler or not, cause that in of itself would be a spoiler, it IS however the name of the book by David Wong. Much like most people with Marble Mocha Macchiatos in hand (upside-down tuxedo, M&M-&M) I will assume you've never heard of him, which is probably for the best, otherwise this post would be pointless and my many hours without sleep unrelated to this post at all would have been wasted in order to get me this delirious AND typing...

This is the part i was trying to transition to, see i wanted to prepare you for the book, explain it, and excite you, but the best parts would just be spoilers, so i don't want to fanboy all over it until YOUR keyboard is sticky too, so instead i'll explain why this book is one my radar considering it isn't a recent read for me.

I read this book for the first time about two years ago, i read it once, slowly absorbing every page and visual descriptor, letting it suck me in, finished it and fell in love. then i read it again desperate for more like a (insert vice) addict. It has resurfaced lately however because i am actually not the only person to have ever read it, in fact it has been made into a film and will be released early next year, in addition to that the sequel is being released in just a few days, and thats just tops. Just. Tops.

http://johndiesattheend.com is where you can find out more/order the book/watch a trailer/figure out how to make origami spiders if that's your fetish/etc

I of course will also explain why i like the book beyond the sufficient "it's good" but I'll try to keep it brief. For the most part I'd say its supposed to be a.. actually i cant really explain it, its funny but humor is a passive concern, meanwhile it's creepy, suspenseful at times, and generally really weird, and to be honest the characters sucked me in a little bit, particularly John who reminds me much of my beloved friend, Granadas Verde. That alone, i believe is incentive enough to read this book (sorry GG, you ARE in the book, but Jason Statham is not D'=) Or at least i always pictured John as GG.

I shouldn't have to say if this is a worthwhile read or not, because if it wasn't this would be more pointless than a singularity... that makes sense, right?

Well i believe that is enough word-defecation for one recommendation. To anyone that HAS already read this, please feel free to leave your thoughts/comments/soy sauce in the comments

I didn't know this was your son!

Also, dawg, if you like books that are super weird but make you think twice and reread just to see if you caught everything I highty recommend "The House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski

Avahra, did you read House of Leaves?

I tried once a while back but had such a hard time. I want to reread it. I hear it's creepy as fuck.

I've read it more than once. It is creepy. I would have to put it down and walk away, it is such a mind game. It's probably one of the best books I"ve ever read, and the way it's written is just so magical.

You have convinced me to have my buddy bring it back so I can try and reread it. IT IS TIME.

  • Author

Well with such promises i cant NOT read it now, gonna see if i can borrow it from one of those giant knowledge buildings with the pages in them, which is perfect, itll put me in the perfect mind set to read This Book is Full of Spiders when it comes out... hmmm, maybe we should start a thread on the most mind-trippy books we've read, i'd definitely be interested in what people have to offer XD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.