Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

The Oldest Galaxy?

Featured Replies

This is just fascinating to me. Scientists believe they may have found a 13.2 billion year old galaxy. I'd post the photos, but there are a few. Click the link to visit the Huffington Post and check them out.

via HuffPo

Very awesome! Thanks for sharing. I loves me some astronomy! Always drives my mind insane too thinking about how that "picture" we see of it is really how it looked...... 13+ effing billions years ago! Who knows what's sitting there right now. Well I guess we will know, another 13+ billions years from now lol.

Even our own sun. When we look up into the sky we're not actually looking AT the sun. We're looking at what it looked like 8 seconds ago.

  • Author

You speak geek astronomy speak and I love it! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these kind of things are amazing. I tried to tell Jason about it last night, but I just got a blank stare and a head nod, lol.

I agree with the time thing! It's what amazes me the most. Looking up at the night sky is probably the closest thing to time travel we'll ever get. Images from so many years ago. It's strange knowing you're looking that far into the past while what you are seeing is actually so far into the future.

I agree with the time thing! It's what amazes me the most. Looking up at the night sky is probably the closest thing to time travel we'll ever get. Images from so many years ago. It's strange knowing you're looking that far into the past while what you are seeing is actually so far into the future.

This is true. Reality is a strange thing. So is the concept of "now". I like to bring the whole idea down to our own physical level and imagine that everyone I see right now isn't really there. That's where they WERE.

Granted of course we're talking on a level of nano or even picoseconds ago, but it's a fact that the objects I observe are no longer "there" when you consider the light reflecting off the object has to travel to my orbital sockets and be processed as electrical impulses through my brain at which point the object has already "moved".

I got into this discussion with my younger brother while we were smoking together about a year ago....

Bro: Well you see me right now don't you.

Me: Yes and no.

Bro: But you're looking right at me!

Me: No, I'm looking at what and where you were, dude....

mind = blown

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.