September 19, 201214 yr comment_63981 Just in time for the upcoming holidays, Sony has announced that they are adding new models to their Playstation 3 lineup. The new slimmer, much lighter versions of the Playstation 3 will come in three models; the 500 GB, 250 GB, and a 12 GB Flash Drive model.Sony has also confirmed their release dates of the new models. The 250 GB PS3 will release on September 25th and will cost $269. The 250 GB model comes with Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception Game of the Year Edition and bonus content for Dust 514. The 500 GB will release on October 25th at the price of $299 and will include a copy of Assassin’s Creed III. Both of these models will come in charcoal gray and classic white colors.So far the 12 GB Flash Drive model has only received two release dates; one for September 27th in Australia and October 12th in Europe. No word on if or when that model will make it’s way stateside.via Gamespot Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_63982 It seems pretty dang late for another thing like this. On the other hand. There are a ton of PS3 games I've always wanted to play, plus the giant collection of old PS1 games and whatever they have up for download of PS2 games. Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_63985 Still no backwards compatibility. I love my original launch PS3. I don't think I like the disc tray for this one though. Report
September 22, 201214 yr comment_64096 Have to keep in mind how long the PS2 lived on. I'm sure they are hoping for the same thing with the PS3. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.