Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Resident Evil: Retribution

Featured Replies

Watched the new Resident Evil: Retribution in 3D and Imax. The effects were awesome and as always the action scenes are pretty great. Plot wise...not so sure. I'm not well versed in the video games so I feel I can't make an accurate comment on the plot.

Thoughts, likes, dislikes on the movies or games or boths?

I've seen all of the live action Resident Evil films, and I don't really care for them. I much prefer the plot of the games. I haven't seen Retribution yet, I probably will at some point, but I don't think I'll enjoy it judging from the previews. I think the films would be a lot more successful with the gaming audience if they didn't use characters from the game that people already like and know.

I know I would have liked it a lot more if it was it's own separate story with no connections to the already established Resident Evil characters. I'm not saying it's a bad series of films though, a lot of people seem to enjoy it.

They're nothing like the games, and they don't have to be (they'd get too complicated and tangled plotwise in a hurry). They don't have the greatest of plots but I liked the movies for the setting and action, and as Dat mentioned, Milla Jovovich being a badass. Feels like the movies would look like straight to DVD releases without her.

  • Author

I will say after every resident evil movie is over I automatically want to kick ass like Milla. The action and fighting is just so awesome. I just felt with this one the plot could've have been a little less redundant. I know we're not going for the most well written plot but there were things they could've gotten across in short convos instead of a couple of scenes.

I never understood most peoples fascination with milla, in my opinion, the only real badass in RE was michelle rodriguez... Lol, also only reason I put up with watching machete.

I think you're getting the red hair of Franka Potente mixed up with the red hair Milla had in The Fifth Element. Far as I know Milla wasn't in Run Lola Run at all. She had a couple of TV things and maybe one movie when she was 12 or 13 before Return to Blue Lagoon, but I'm pretty sure that's where she got her real start. Kind of funny and an easy one to confuse. Milla and Franka are about a year apart in age, Run Lola Run and The Fifth Element released about a year apart, and both actresses had red hair in the movies.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.