Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Nvidia 660ti - Thoughts?

Featured Replies

So Nvidia is releasing their new "mid-range" card, the 660ti.

$299, Keplar architecture and 2gb memory. Supposedly from some of the benchmarks I've seen it really is a damn good card for the ~$300 range.

Currently I'm running a single GTX460 in my rig. It mostly gets the job done but I was thinking of upgrading. Plus there is a promotion right now if you buy one you get a free copy of Borderlands 2 on PC.

Thoughts? Should I wait for price drops on other cards (Like AMD 7900 series ones or similar)?

From most of the benchmark tests i've seen it can run with the pricier pack, but the fps on most games dont seem to see much of an improvement... dont know if it was bottlenecking or if a setting issue could cause this, but from my interpretation of the data it seems to be one of those that show better on paper and tests, but little actual gain.

  • Author

From most of the benchmark tests i've seen it can run with the pricier pack, but the fps on most games dont seem to see much of an improvement... dont know if it was bottlenecking or if a setting issue could cause this, but from my interpretation of the data it seems to be one of those that show better on paper and tests, but little actual gain.

The thing is, "little actual gain" compared to what? :)

I'd really like to upgrade my graphics card, and anything right now is pretty much going to smash the living daylights out of my GTX460 lol. I don't really want to spend much more than $300 on a graphics card though......

Compared to other cards in its class. Amd usually has the best card for the money, but im away from my pc so comparing is a bit hard at this time.

The thing is, "little actual gain" compared to what? :)

I'd really like to upgrade my graphics card, and anything right now is pretty much going to smash the living daylights out of my GTX460 lol

I wouldn't say that, that's what I just upgraded to a few months back and it's a powerful card. It was Dat's old one actually, a 1.5GB GTX460. Big improvement over the AMD/Radeon 6870 I was using. Pricier cards may be a step up performance wise, but I doubt they'll blow your current card out of the water. I'd like to upgrade to a ridiculous card like a 680 or whatever's newest at the time eventually, but only if I have the extra money to throw around. Buying all this stuff for my new guest house/room was a setback. Very worth it though.

  • Author

That was a 480GTX you bought from me. Worlds of difference between it and a 460GTX.

Yeah, and before I have the 460GTX I had a 9800GS lmao. HORRIBLE effing graphics card that came with the Circuit City HP desktop I had bought back then. I struggled with that thing for a while before I said eff it, ripped it out and bought the 460, which has been transplanted in the next two computers I had.

That's why I was looking at upgrading. Have had the card for awhile now.

  • 3 weeks later...

You have no idea how bad this thing is.

The mouse acceleration is straight up borked. I've messed with the synaptic touch pad settings, the Logitech settings... all mouse settings on this laptop. Just trying to get close and click something like a reply button is maddening.

But at least I can check for the Dell emails that never come.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.