August 2, 201214 yr comment_61322 This kinda spawned from Av's thread, but I was curious. Who are your favorite authors? Personally, my top three are J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter is my favorite series of all time), Cormac McCarthy, and Ayn Rand. Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61324 Philip K. D.ick (had to put in the period, stupid filter). HeinleinAsimovFrank HerbertMargaret Weis & Tracy Hickman (I grew up on the DragonLance novels)and too many others to list Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61330 I don't think I have a favorite author. I do find most of Dean Koontz's books madly addicting though. I can say that when I was growing up RL Stine was my favorite author, lol. I have every Goosebumps book from the original Goosebump collection that came out including the special edition ones with that one that has light up red eyes on the cover. I also read his Fear Street stuff too. Report
August 2, 201214 yr Author comment_61333 I'm jealous of that collection Siren. I love Goosebumps. Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61340 I just could never part with it. I hope that Granite and Logan will read them when they get older, but I think it's going to one of those things that after Jason and I are gone and both of them go through our stuff that they are going to be like, "what the hell are we suppose to do with this. it's old!" lol. Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61344 Dan Simmons, Richard Matheson, Cormac McCarthy, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Frank McCourt, Dennis Lehane, CS Lewis, George R R Martin and more and more and more Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61364 HeinleinAsimovGrok!Michael MoorcockCarlos CastenadaJames. A. MichenerJack LondonSo many to list. Think I'll end there. Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61385 I have to agree with Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman , but I don't know if you've read Dragonlance recently. It doesn't quite have the pull it did when I was younger.Next would probably be Terry Brooks and then Terry Goodkind Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61390 I think this would have to be my top 5 (in no particular order).Orson Scott CardKurt VonnegutJohn GreenRay BradburyErnest Hemingway Report
August 2, 201214 yr comment_61407 Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis! I also grew up on Dragonlance! (OMG CHRIS OMG!!!) It spawned a lot of my creative writing stories for my characters.Rick Riordan. He's a young adult author (Percy Jackson and the lightning thief,etc) As much as I love the HP series I belive his series is just as well written, and hardly gets the attention it deserves.Chuck Palahniuk. His books are mind fucks, love them.Mo Willems. Yes, he writes for toddlers, yes I love those books. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61415 Chuck Palahniuk is so awesome. Have you read that horrifying short story Guts, Avahra? Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61422 I have to agree with Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman , but I don't know if you've read Dragonlance recently. It doesn't quite have the pull it did when I was younger.This is truth, but Tasslehoff and Flint will always have a place in my heart. lol Report
August 3, 201214 yr Author comment_61424 Rick Roridan is pretty great. I actually met him not too long ago. He did a signing at my university. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61440 Oh my god Bacon I am so incredibly jealous.I would rape his face off.The last Chuck book I read was "Rant" and it was just..Wow,. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61477 This is truth, but Tasslehoff and Flint will always have a place in my heart. lolEven after all this time those names stirred up a bitter sweet feeling. Report
August 4, 201214 yr comment_61535 I love reading, I love writing. Favorites are very hard for me, so it would be easier to sum up in stages.Preteen yearseric speed, terry brooks, piers anthony, harper lee, zsun tse, loyd alexander, asop, douglas adams, edgar alan poe, choose your own adventure books... Had 1 through 35 for the longest time... dont know what happened to them now.Teen years Asimov, heinlein, stephen r donaldson, jrr tolkein, jean m aul, louis lemore, madelein lengle, robert aspirin, grant naylor, dean koontz, micharl crighton, robert frost, freude, hg wells, jules verne, chaucer, andre norton, mercedes lackey, whoever wrote the shadowhawk comic books.Adult years Now as I progress through life I do gain new favorite authors, but I usually still like those from before.Jk rowling, rick riordan, eoin coilfer, edgar rice burroughs, longfellow, terry goodkind, dean koontz, r.a. Salvatore, terry pratchet. probly more, just cant think of them... There's also books I really liked but didnt like the author like stephanie meyer and suzanne collins, but thsts another subject. Report
August 6, 201214 yr comment_61630 eoin coilfer- I read the first Artemis Fowl book and I did not like it one bit. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.