June 8, 201214 yr comment_59308 Been looking for a ps3 hard drive replacment, current one a bit small. Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB 2.5 Inch Solid State Hybrid Drive ST95005620AS is the one im thinking of getting, anyone know of a better one? Report
June 10, 201214 yr comment_59377 That would be my choice. I have one of those in my wife's laptop and it works great. Wasn't out when I upgraded my PS3 HD or I'd have one in my PS3 as well. Report
June 10, 201214 yr Author comment_59380 Thanks for the input, i'll let you know how the install goes... Other than game saves what should I back up? Can movies over psn be re-downloaded? Report
June 10, 201214 yr comment_59381 Honestly, I'm not really sure about the re-download part. I did a full copy of the old hard drive to the new one when I installed mine. You not have any way to hook the hard drives up to your pc? Report
June 10, 201214 yr comment_59385 Should work fine. If I'm not mistaken, PS3 has a good backup utility built in. Report
June 12, 201214 yr Author comment_59416 Had to use a flashdrive to hold a downloaded update file... Lol, took me awhile to figure it out cause you have to let the ps3 format the hdd since windows wont format anything over 32gb after I got that figured out it went pretty smoothly. Now I have a roughly 475 gb ps3... The hybrid drive does seem to install things quicker after download, and strangely the streaming netflix looks better. Downloading from psn takes about the same amount of time, probly cause of outlying factors. I will give a brief review of this drive later if anyones intetested. Report
June 12, 201214 yr comment_59422 The longer you use it for the same things the faster it will get. So, say you play the same downloaded gamed over a couple of days, you'll notice that game load faster. The PS3 system files and basic load times should get faster sooner. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.