Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

[Kickstarter RPG] Vacant Sky: Awakening

Featured Replies

So, I like RPGs. I like JRPGs and I like WRPGs. What I don't like is that both of them have fallen into a rut and would rather adhere to tradition than innovate in their respective genres. The answer isn't to try to bring back oldschool games, because they went out of fashion for a reason.

Because big companies aren't pushing forward with making innovative RPGs, I decided I would make one myself. You can see the Kickstarter here.

Rather than trying to look to the past, we decided to start from scratch and throw out everything that has been done to death and makes RPGs repetitive - random encounters, grinding, silent protagonists, mystical princesses, ancient evils, etc. In Vacant Sky: Awakening, you play as the villain - or someone who will become a villain. In this game, you follow his growth from a mischievous noble ne'er-do-well to an enemy of the world. Instead of grinding to beat battles and mashing attack or your strongest skills, you need to create harmony amongst your team - they each have their own personalities and relationships, and using them in battle is key to victory.

Give it a look and let me know what you think - if you're feeling generous, I would appreciate if you would support and share it. The goal is to start fresh with RPGs and discard what it is that has been holding them back. If you have any suggestions, questions, or recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Looks like an interesting concept to try out on the genre, best of luck. The only suggestion I'd have is to make at least one lower priced tier in the Kickstarter, so the basic price admission is below $25. Not that I think it won't be worth that, but this is the age of Steam sales, where anything that isn't a big shiny new game is a 10 or 15 dollar game to people (i.e. the 2D may have a psychological effect of it being a "little" game). Steam has proven that selling for half the price can more than double the sales, but then again it's Steam and those sales are seen by everyone.

Otherwise I like the concept, game graphics, anime art style, and general idea of being an anti-hero. Sounds like it could have a decent story too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.