Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Square Enix to Fans – FFVII Not A Priority

Featured Replies

Fans who have anxiously been waiting on a remake of Square Enix’s 1997 Final Fantasy VII are going to be waiting tad bit longer.

Speaking to Famitsu, Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura told the Japanese magazine that a  FFVII remake is not a priority at this time.

“There are a lot of people who want a remake of Final Fantasy VII.  However, new titles take precedence. We work our hardest to make something that might be even better than Final Fantasy VII. The new Final Fantasy must overcome the Final Fantasy of the past.”

While Square is focusing on their current release, FFXIII-2 with followup DLC and a possible rumored FFXIII-3, they are also working on Final Fantasy X  HD remake which makes their statement regarding FFVII seem a bit confusing.

via IGN



View the full article

Screw remaking that overhyped game. It's already at least on Playstation 1. I want to see a remake of Final Fantasy 6. From SNES to an insane PS3 version.

I really don't understand the remake frenzy for FF7. The game exists and those people love it. Isn't that enough? Need it be shinier for them to like it more? I guess the models were kind of weak compared to 8 and 9, but all the story and such was still there.

Screw remaking that overhyped game. It's already at least on Playstation 1. I want to see a remake of Final Fantasy 6. From SNES to an insane PS3 version.

I really don't understand the remake frenzy for FF7. The game exists and those people love it. Isn't that enough? Need it be shinier for them to like it more? I guess the models were kind of weak compared to 8 and 9, but all the story and such was still there.

^^^^ This.

While I would like to see a FF7 remake, I would absolutely kill for a re-envisioned and remade FF6. Kefka was an awesome end boss, and the characters in the game definitely grew on you. Also the opera sequence was pretty awesome!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.