May 9, 201214 yr comment_57986 The official abstract for the device describes it as, “A hand-held device having a body with a pressure-sensitive exterior surface. At least a portion of the pressure-sensitive exterior surface is designed to be grasped by a user's hand. The pressure-sensitive surface contains a plurality of pressure sensors operative to provide an output signal proportional to a pressure applied by the user's hands to the exterior surface of the hand-held device at the area the pressure sensor is located. The device also includes a memory for storing the output signals provided by the plurality of pressure sensors and a processor for comparing the output signals provided by the plurality of pressure sensors against stored pressure profile signatures for positively identifying the user.”Read onhttp://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/09/microsoft-patents-pressure-sensitive-controller Report
May 9, 201214 yr comment_57988 I guess Microsoft, like Nintendo and Sony are finally geting around to completely alienating those pesky hardcore gamer. Guess I'll be a PC gamer this next generation... Report
May 9, 201214 yr Author comment_57990 I don't see why a hardcore gamer couldn't use these controllers. It's just another way to automatically log in to your account. I'm willing to bet it's optional, too. As in, these controllers won't be standard with their new console. Report
May 9, 201214 yr comment_57992 I really hope they stick with a traditional controller setup, I've nothing against add-ons or even gimmicks so long as they don't make such drastic changes, that it ultimately affects gameplay and design choices. Similar to what happened with the Wii. Report
May 9, 201214 yr comment_58026 That description makes me wonder about the application. Choking simulator? Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.