May 8, 201214 yr comment_57463 Here's a story for Springsteen's next ballad: A roofer in New Jersey took a dangerous dive into a vat of acid to save a coworker who had just fallen through a roof into the tank 40 feet belowRead more hereAbsolutely incredible, It's amazing what some people will still do to save the life of another. I hope they eventually identify the man and give him the recognition he deserves. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57508 Wow, that is crazy. Sounds like an awesome coworker. I hope I work with people of similar character if the need ever arises. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57517 I like my coworkers, but I would not jump into a vat of acid for them Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57528 I was going to say. Judging by the hookie comment another thread it didn't sound like it. Doesn't your job require you to help to the best of your abilities though? Have to save em regardless. Unless it's a pit of acid, but I doubt you have many of those laying about your workplace. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57530 One of the big things about my job is 1) Is the scene safe? If it's not safe, I don't go in. I can't be of any help to anyone if I'm also injured Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57532 Sounds like safety training 101. In all reality the guy who jumped in after the other guy is probably in trouble over it. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57537 Probably. And I'm willing to bet his work will try to pull some stunt where they don't pay for any of his care saying it was his fault Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57539 I wouldn't be surprised. Though a lot will depend on what caused the guy to fall. I'm sure OSHA has the, you owe us money, pen ready. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57542 It sounds like the roof collapsed and he fell, and I'm assuming he was repairing the roof because the vat of acid caused it to need fixed Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57549 Pretty poor planning to have guys walking on a roof that is unstable in order to repair it. I'd say the company will end up paying out for this. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57553 Or maybe they'll emerge superheroes with great acid slinging powers. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57793 Probably just two dudes who can't get it up any more but are glad to be alive. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57795 Until their wivs leave them for someone who has super powers Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57797 Nubby and Gleeman -- Happy to be alive and kicking your evil asses. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57798 Nubby and Gleeman -- Happy to be alive and kicking your evil asses. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57799 Nubby and Gleeman -- Happy to be alive and kicking your evil asses. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.