May 8, 201214 yr comment_57462 So, I figured it'd been a while since we all showed off the furry loves of our ives (Or the naked ones in the case of children) I know most of us have pets, so show us a picture, tell us a story. This is my baby, Ralph! This pic as taken right after I had got out of the shower. I had been working a lot of overtime this week and in an while I was showering he decided to line up all his toys and patiently wait for me to come out, a little way of saying we hadn't been playing very much that week. I'm lucky I got the picture, he's usually not a fan of sitting still. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57466 This is Jasmine. Pit/Boxer mix I got from the animal shelter. She's a bed hog, which is why there's now two beds in my bedroom. After I take her out to do her final night's pee, she sprints back into the house, right into my room, and into the better of the two beds. I laugh every time she does it, too. It's like having a pre-teen all over again. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57470 Jasmine is such a classy name for a dog. You've had her for a while too Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57472 Her original owners thought she was a he, and named her "Jasper". She responded well to Jasmine, so I kept it. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57479 I have no clue. They were stupid to give her up, anyways. She's an awesome pup. Their loss and my gain. Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57500 Most shelter dogs are usually beyond awesome. My next dog is gonna be a shelter dog for sure. I want another one for Ralph to have a buddy but apt rules only allow one Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57501 Another Jasmine. Our Jasmine This picture is from a few years ago, but it does a great job of showing where she fits in our lives. She's our kid. Was our ring bearer in our wedding. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57516 Yeah, she gets vocal sometimes when she wants a treat or attention. And yes, she is part Chihuahua and part Pekingese. aka a Cheek Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57526 These are my cat and dog back at home, Whiskers and Sandy. Sandy is 14 and Whiskers is 15/16 years old. I plan on getting a cat or dog when I graduate from college next semester and get my own place. I've always preferred dogs and really want to get a pit bull BUT if I'm working full time I don't know if I'll have the time to give a puppy enough attention so lately I've been leaning towards getting a cat. Any advice? Report
May 8, 201214 yr Author comment_57536 I would go for a smaller breed for starters. If you're gonna be living on your own, you'll likely end up in an apt, and most have weight limits and breed restrictions. An older dog would probably be a good place to start too, that way it's not pissing all over your apt and screwing you out of your security deposit. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57538 Cats are easier to deal with, but I also hate litter boxes. I've only really liked one cat and that's the one we have currently. She's pretty laid back and yet can be really affectionate (when she wants)StellaOh, distracted. Get a dog. That's the way I'd go. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57545 It's the dog who likes the booze. The cat is just the whore for anything that should be too small for her. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57550 Probably would hit too close to home in any direction you went. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.