May 2, 201214 yr comment_57011 We want to express our sincere appreciation to all of our viewers and fans of Inside Xbox, and remain committed to providing our members with access to high-quality news and information via the console, social media channels and Xbox.com. We will be leveraging third-party news and video content available through a variety of existing and future partners, and supplementing this content with select first-party offerings. However, day-to-day news content and weekly programming currently offered though Inside Xbox will cease production in the United States. This includes shows like Major’s Minute, Featured Videos and Insider Moves packaged under the Inside Xbox brand.This decision was not made lightly. Our teams working on Inside Xbox have done a great job connecting with our members and delivering high-quality, informative game news and tips. We thank them all for their contributions to the Xbox LIVE community and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.Read onhttp://majornelson.com/2012/05/02/changes-for-inside-xbox-u-s/Got to say, I saw this coming. It's why I'm not re-subscribing to XBL this month when my last year sub ends. I'm assuming it happened this way -- New dash update comes out, introducing more ads. On top of that, original content got buried, like Major's Minute and Inside Xbox. Before the last update, our dash would start us off on a page with all the newest, original content, and general content. I bet the views were way down, and as a result, the suits said it's not cost effective for so little views. Axe it all.I used to think it was only me who didn't like the direction they were taking. Reading the comments for Major's blog post, and talking to other people via Twitter, etc, it's clear I wasn't the only one.So, what's your opinion, guys? Did they do it themselves, or is it the economy? Chime in. Report
May 2, 201214 yr comment_57013 They certainly did it to themselves. Buried them with ads just as you said. Xbox LIVE keeps adding more and more features (mostly non gaming related), many of which actual gamers might not even use, while upping the subscription fee, all the while adding in even more ads.Ads are the worst. I can tell you I never have and never will buy something directly from an ad. You don't click the ads, you don't call the number on the screen. You see something that interests you, you look it up and find out about it. See the actual price and info, without all the fancy words and shiny images. Buy it somewhere official/respectable if you must have it. I'm so glad that I can at least block out the vast majority of ads on the internet. Ads are just in the way, a nuisance. Report
May 2, 201214 yr Author comment_57016 Good comment on Nelson's blog"Anyone see a problem in this sentence "At Xbox, we are focused on making entertainment and gaming more amazing....?" Gaming is becoming more of a side effort instead of the main focus of Xbox." Report
May 2, 201214 yr comment_57018 Intentional if you ask me. Why pay to produce your own content when someone will pay you to use theirs. I'm only surprised it took this long. Report
May 2, 201214 yr comment_57019 IGN in, Inside Xbox out. Pretty sure the IGN App hit LIVE yesterday. I never watched Inside Xbox, so it really doesn't bother me. Only reason I ended up renewing my LIVE was for HBO GO. I never play online anymore. I prefer PC gaming to Xbox anyways. Report
May 3, 201214 yr Author comment_57024 Before this latest dashboard update, I'd watch the videos if the content interested me. After the dash update, I haven't once watched one. Don't even really know where they're kept, although I could probably find them. Report
May 6, 201214 yr comment_57190 Before this latest dashboard update, I'd watch the videos if the content interested me. After the dash update, I haven't once watched one. Don't even really know where they're kept, although I could probably find them.I feel the same way. Not liking the dash at all. I find it more annoying to get to what I need. I thought I would get used to it. I am open to change but things are just buried now. Report
May 31, 201214 yr comment_59094 Does this mean ya'll Boderlands players will not be playing it on XBL??? Or am I misunderstanding that you are letting your XBL subscription go? I will be bummed if you all will be playing it on PC, I will be playing on the 360. =/ Report
June 1, 201214 yr comment_59095 Uh, we better still playing on Xbox. I pre-ordered 2 of the Vault Dweller Editions. Report
June 1, 201214 yr Author comment_59102 My gold is already lapsed, but when BL2 comes out, I'll purchase a 1 month sub. Buying for 360 first, and then for PC when it goes on sale on Steam. Report
June 6, 201214 yr comment_59258 All right!! Cuz I too preordered 2 copies (damn release dlc that I don't wanna pay for if I get it from gamefly!). Shane is actually as excited as I am for it. Especially since he (we!) think the new Ghost Recon SUCKS!Can't wait to see ya'll on BL2 when its out! At least until you move over to PC... Report
June 6, 201214 yr comment_59259 This made me sad Mr Pointyhead and SuperKaylo lost thier jobs. I personally found some of there stuff highly amusing. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.