April 19, 201214 yr comment_56550 Bethesda public relations sent out emails today explaining that Prey 2 isn't cancelled.Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned. The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the AAA game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule. Report
April 19, 201214 yr comment_56551 I loved the first Prey, but after watching the demo last year at E3 for Prey 2, I got up and walked out half way through it looked so bad. Report
April 19, 201214 yr Author comment_56552 With concerns to the end of the first Prey (won't spoil), I still don't see what Prey 2 has to do with the first one. Why not just make it its own game, and not Tommy's Prey? Makes no sense to me at all, other than to capitalize on the name. Report
April 19, 201214 yr comment_56557 I never got around to playing the original, but I enjoyed the demo a lot. I think prey 2 looks really good so i'm happy its not cancelled, but I do have to agree I don't get the coonnection to the original. Report
April 19, 201214 yr Author comment_56562 There's a tie in with both games, but it's miniscule in the first game. You see a jetliner crash in the first game, and supposedly the bounty hunter you play in Prey 2, survives that crash landing.Yeah. Report
April 19, 201214 yr Author comment_56576 Hmmmhttp://www.shacknews.com/article/73417/source-human-head-hasnt-worked-on-prey-2-since-november Report
April 19, 201214 yr comment_56577 I saw Phil talking about that this morning, kinda crazy. Also, the mention of the same thing happening to Rogue Warrior in that article made me cringe. Report
April 20, 201214 yr comment_56586 Sequel to Rune? Sweet ad talk abou pulling from the past. As for prey 2 I could care less unless yet change the direction greatly. No portals? Come on. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.