April 17, 201214 yr comment_56405 Welcome and thank you for checking out Rodina, our indie game which is currently under development. Rodina is a space exploration RPG inspired by games like Freelancer, The Elder Scrolls series, Deus Ex and System Shock. The game is still early in development, but we thought you might be interested in seeing our progress so far.http://www.elliptic-games.com/index.shtml Report
April 17, 201214 yr comment_56415 At first I was like ehhhhh. Then they went into space and I was like woooooooah coooool. Report
April 18, 201214 yr comment_56419 I'm excited! Space exploration and the ability to land on planets and explore! Yes! Now if they can just take some of the better mechanics from these game types and make them work it'll be awesome. How great would it be to have an actual dog fight and chase someone from space down onto a planet seemlessly! Report
April 18, 201214 yr Author comment_56424 Apprently it's on par with what Notch is making. He's how I found out about this game. https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/192335791899426819Someone replied back to him and pointed him to this other space game in progress Report
April 18, 201214 yr comment_56425 That's a pretty old demo. Wonder how far along they are now. Report
April 18, 201214 yr Author comment_56426 http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=26 Report
April 18, 201214 yr Author comment_56430 Here's the Infinity guy's Twitter. https://twitter.com/#!/inovae_keith Report
April 18, 201214 yr comment_56446 Both of those games look pretty cool tech-wise. But it's hard to keep a space game entertaining. Shouldn't have too much of the gameplay be just traveling. Space games should have something you can do onboard the ship while in transit, like going inside, sort of like the airships in the Final Fantasys. Report
April 18, 201214 yr Author comment_56448 You can go inside of the ship. Shows it in the video. =p Report
April 18, 201214 yr comment_56449 You can go inside of the ship. Shows it in the video. =pI know, I saw that, but I mean during transit, and having something to do inside (though the video is of a very early build). I mainly meant other space games. From the little I've tried playing of those "X" games, it seems like traveling would get old fast. Report
April 25, 201214 yr comment_56723 So, did anyone see this pop up on Steam today? Very similar and been out since January.http://store.steampowered.com/app/71000 Report
April 25, 201214 yr comment_56725 Hmmm. Might have to buy it, even though I'll probably never play it. Looks cool. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.