April 4, 201214 yr comment_55717 IGN’s Jessica Chobot has angered Mass Effect fans after her recent comments regarding the backlash of outrage from many gamers over the ending in Mass Effect 3.Chobot who makes a few appearances as reporter Diana Allers in Mass Effect 3 wrote a blog entry where she called gamers whiny for complaining about the ending of Mass Effect 3 and as a result the blog post has been deleted, Chobot issued an apology, and announced late yesterday that she is closing down her blog on IGN.“I don’t want to know anything more about the babsolutly RIDICULOUS whine-fest that entitled gamers are having with Bioware…” ~ Jessica Chobot in original blog postJessica Chobot shot to popularity among gamers after a photo surfaced of her licking a PSP back in 2005. She was later hired by IGN as a host of IGN Strategize and Weekly Wood. Chobot married fellow IGN host Blair Herter in 2012.What do you think Gamercide? Should she have just kept her mouth shut or was she correct in sharing her truthful comments?via IGN Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
April 4, 201214 yr comment_55720 She has th e right to her own opinion though she's obviously biased in since she was a part of the making of the game. Report
April 4, 201214 yr comment_55721 Tough for me to answer. I believe in free speech, but I also think if you're biased or somehow linked to the issue at hand... you may want to stay out of it. Not that it makes your points invaluable or less true, but because it'll become the focal point of the debate when facts should be that focus.I can also see why she'd have a dog in the hunt. She probably became close friends with some of the people at Bioware through her role in ME3, and sometimes you can't help but get involved when friends of yours comes under attack. I'm almost surprised she got involved, since she's in the game that came under fire. However, lately it seems, people can't openly comment about a videogame without some in the industry or social media berating you for your opinion.I guess I can better sum it up in this way; Some fans didn't like the ending and were vocal about their feelings on the issue (some even more so). Then they were somewhat flamed in social media, blogs and the like, including Chobot. Then she removes her blog where she let her feelings be known. Who was right and who was wrong? Is there a correct answer, or does everyone have the right to state their feelings/opinions on the issue?I think if a debate is going to be had, you should leave the negative tones out of it. As soon as negativity is in place, both sides will hunker down and become more aggressive in being 'correct'. You're not going to change the other person's opinion. What can happen, though, is you end up solidifying their own opinion (which may have still been open) and it becomes about being 'right'. That's not a debate. That is an argument. Report
April 4, 201214 yr comment_55750 I think the Internet is full of whiners, but in her position she should have kept her opinion to herself. Report
April 5, 201214 yr comment_55781 I think I am more disturbed that she is married to that Blair guy. I watched him on MTV's Road Rules back in the day. Report
April 5, 201214 yr comment_55784 Lol, exactly siren... I think she has a right to state her opinion, unfortunately now a days if someone disagrees with your opinion and you're a prominant figure you get lambasted. Report
April 5, 201214 yr comment_55801 people are whiny about the ending, it was gay for her to be in the game though. they couldn't find anyone more monotone i suppose. Report
April 5, 201214 yr comment_55812 Personally I thought she should be a romantic interest for sheperd, she certainly makes enough insinuations. Report
April 5, 201214 yr comment_55830 Also anyone makes an apology about how they feel or what they say, I lose respect for them. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.