April 2, 201214 yr comment_55570 SOCOM developer Zipper Interactive has closed effecting close to 80 employees. Sony made the announcement over the weekend that they have decided to close Zipper Interactive and cited that “the closure is a result of a normal cycle of resource re-alignment within Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios.” Sony also stated that previous titles MAG, SOCOM 4, and Unit 13 will still receive support despite the studio being closed.Zipper Interactive was originally founded in 1995 and purchased by Sony in January 2006. No word on what will happen regarding the future of their prized series, SOCOM.via Game Informer Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
April 2, 201214 yr comment_55605 Would be such a pain to be a game developer. Seems like developers are constantly being shut down or moved or laid off. Report
April 3, 201214 yr comment_55613 That's the problem with signing into a deal with big publishers who project big to their shareholders. Report
April 3, 201214 yr comment_55630 I'm hoping that the SOCOM series is picked up by another developer and revamped and polished to have nice shiny coat. I also hope that they do away with the exclusiveness of it. We have a PS3, but I feel like I would enjoy it if it was on the 360. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.