Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Total Recall

Featured Replies

Perfect title for the movie. Run out of new ideas, recall movies/stories from the past to redo.

Although, one story I would absolutely love to see get cinematic justice, is the Dune series. Such awesome books. There was just that Lynch movie that made it rain in the end for no damn reason, and that SyFy short series (way back when their movies were at least halfway decent and their name hadn't changed). Guess I could check those out, but I really want a big budget new Dune movie. I think it could be better than Star Wars if done right (though plotwise that's not honestly that hard, at least with the prequels lol)

The SyFy mini series wasn't that bad, but yeah, there are few other series as deserving of good remakes as Dune. Literary works of art that have never been close to fully realized on film.

As far as the Total Recall remake goes, I've been following this for a few months now and I have extreme reservations about the casting. But, this trailer has sold me on the whole tech noir feel, so I'm at least going to seeing it before I pass judgement.

Also, "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" is fantastic. Well worth a read for those who haven't.

http://www.amazon.com/We-Can-Remember-You-Wholesale/dp/0806512091

  • 4 months later...

My dad and I plan to go to see this within the hour, I'll post thoughts later. If nothing else it looks like a good action flick with cool effects and set design. Never did read the Phillip K. D ick short story, I may have to check some of his work out at some point. Particularly Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, i.e. Blade Runner.

The filter on D ick needs to go. I think a lot of the filters got reset at some point.

Evangeline Lilly? You know it.

The movie was decent. A fair few thing you have to suspend your disbelief for, but good action and great effects. Really cool city design and such, much like Deus Ex. I kept looking for a light umbrella in the scenes showing crowds of people in the rain though lol. Would have been a sweet nod to put in. I did want to eviscerate the people behind me and send them to the special level of hell reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

Definitely seeing this. Kate Beckinsale is my all time fav. I told my wife if she ever walks through the door be prepared haha! Anyways Total Recall with Arnold was one of my favorites back in day so lets hope this one lives up :)

Vec

Perfect title for the movie. Run out of new ideas, recall movies/stories from the past to redo.

Although, one story I would absolutely love to see get cinematic justice, is the Dune series. Such awesome books. There was just that Lynch movie that made it rain in the end for no damn reason, and that SyFy short series (way back when their movies were at least halfway decent and their name hadn't changed). Guess I could check those out, but I really want a big budget new Dune movie. I think it could be better than Star Wars if done right (though plotwise that's not honestly that hard, at least with the prequels lol)

how about a spin off tv series, get the guys who did BSG and that show would be off the hook.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.