March 26, 201214 yr comment_55261 Who has seen the movie and what did you think? I thought they did a good job on staying with the book, i really liked the look of the capitol and overall thought it was a well made movie. Report
March 26, 201214 yr comment_55265 Wasn't particularly impressed with the pacing or delivery, the acting was okay, but it all felt underwhelming when compared to the novel (haven't finshed Catching Fire). Even certain bits of dialogue felt shoehorned, like when Katniss is about to leave and calls Prim "Little Duck", it was without any real emotion. Other story critical scenes were lost in translation as well, either due to time constraints like Katniss buying the Mockingjay for herself or under acted ones eliciting no emotion response like when Rue dies. Or even why Kat had that maternal instinct for Rue at all...As far as adaptations go, it was pretty weak and struck alot of the wrong cords with me, but then again, I'm not this films target demographic. As a film on its own merit though, it hit the atmosphere out of the park, the characters were all cast well, the score was great and the way it was filmed (aside from the fight scenes) was cinematic and engrossing. It was decent. Report
March 26, 201214 yr comment_55266 Some people thought it was cast terribly. I shuddered when I read this.http://jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made Report
March 27, 201214 yr comment_55280 Saw the film over the weekend, at best i have to give it a C. Now i have not read any of the books and went just to see what i was expecting to be a great movie. i think it missed making us feel anything for the characters and the love story killed the film even more. I did go with a group of friends who have read the books and thats all i got from them. "you have to read the books to understand the movie".... Report
March 27, 201214 yr comment_55294 I read the books last weekend and went to the early showing with my wife last Thursday. The books are pretty good, but the movie was just flat out bad. The main character wasn't too bad, she was delivering her role well, but it just doesn't translate well. The book is entirely first person so you are hearing every thought she has. Nearly impossible to transfer that into a movie. I suggest just reading the books and skipping the movie. They are really short so it doesn't take too long to get through them. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.