Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Only 1 out of 5 Gamers Play as Femshep

Featured Replies

This could go under news but did not want to post in there since most topics are created by the news team. This could be old news as well. I am sure most of you might of read this somewhere.

I read that according to "The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3", an ipad app that allows you to go behind the scenes for the making of the Mass Effect trilogy reports that only 18% of gamers play a Femshep and around 87% use a customized face. The last one is mind boggling to me. 64.59% of gamers play as a soldier!

My opinion:

I can understand the Femshep thing but for me Hale's voice acting was much better than Meer's. My first character in ME was Femshep and I just stuck with it. I tried Male Shepard once but after Hale's acting I could not switch. Admittedly, I generally gravitate towards playing a female character in most games that give the option ever since playing one in World of Warcraft for so long so take it how you want.

Soldier, why so many? I have never been a soldier in the games and prefer Sentinel and possibly Infiltrator. Nothing wrong with it. Everyone is different but soldier just seems like the most boring class.

Sources: Kotaku, Gamer Informer & ipad app.

I always mainly played as Soldier because it opens up more options. In the first game it was the only way to use heavy armor, and in the first two it was the only way to be able to use every weapon. Your squadmates have all of the biotic/tech/etc. abilities you'll need. Plus being able to use all three main ammo types and the awesome time slowing ability were pretty great in 2 and 3.

I also always used a default appearance male (somehow I've never really seen a custom face that looks as natural as the default, since the default can't be made in the editor anyways), and I actually like Mark Meer's voice acting in it. Hale is cool, but it feels weird playing ME as a female Shepard.

Thats mind boggling to me... The soldier part, almost everyone I know uses vanguard and adept. The femshep, well thats just society's prejudices. I have played both, need to playthrough me3 with my femshep now (honestly who wouldnt run through M.E. this way JUST for the romance scene)?

  • Author

That's the beauty of it. Everyone plays different.

I am opposite. Shepard is female in my eyes and can't imagine it the other way. I might do a third play through just to give another try.

Soldier was the only way to use all weapons in the other games and the squad members do have all the powers you need. However, there is nothing like casting them yourself. Especially in 2 and now 3. Double throw (two at once) in 3 is awesome.

Sentinel also has a good mix of everything that I don't feel weak in any one area freeing me up to bring whoever I want. Helpful on Insanity mode. Sentinels can deal with armor, shields and barriers.

ME2 tech armor was best. It used to explode on its own when depleted. I have to manually trigger in 3.

I played soldier in 1 and 2. I also played adept and infiltrator in 2. In 3 I started with infiltrator. I use custom face for every game that allows it and I play male shepperd. I always found it strange when men willingly pick a female character. Always thought something was kind of "funny" about those people.

I knew alot of people that played asa soldier when the firs mass effect came out but i couldnt understand why. sure you can use all the weapons but i could never find the case where you needed to use a pistol, sniper, assualt rifle and sot gun all in one fight. Ive been a vanguard since the first one and have stuck with it. All I need is my trusty shotgun and a pistol for those ******** that dont like to get close.

Also never could get into playing the male shepard, tried it once but it wasnt the same. I started with the female shepard just to be something different than everyone else i knew. Then there was on some lvl the lesbian love seen but you know :rolleyes:

P.S. I thought the reversable cover for the third one was a fantastic call. Although it doesnt look a thing like my shepard, it was still nice to see over the male shepard that i have never played

  • Author

Haha right on Stealthy. Femshep ftw!

When GG won my ME3 contest I purposefully flipped the cover to Femshep haha :)

The one on the cover looks nothing like mine either. I feel they could of done better on her look.

  • Author

I played soldier in 1 and 2. I also played adept and infiltrator in 2. In 3 I started with infiltrator. I use custom face for every game that allows it and I play male shepperd. I always found it strange when men willingly pick a female character. Always thought something was kind of "funny" about those people.

Way back when years ago I used to feel strange picking a female character until playing WoW. Played that game so long as one that I dont care anymore. I play what appeals to me most in any game and more often than not it seems to be the female character. Plus its more pleasing to look at if I am gonna put that many hours in haha.

Always thought something was kind of "funny" about those people.

I have never understood the "I'd rather it be a woman if I have to stare at their a ss for so long" reasoning. What the hell? In third-person games where you play male characters, are you really focusing down there? Normally all you'd see in your focus is a bit of the back/back of the head, and the area in front of you that you should be focusing on anyways. Nothing wrong with playing a female character, but I always found that excuse ludicrous.

As for the classes, that's the great thing about the multiplayer (as tacked on as it is). You can freely play as whatever class you want, it's not like your class makes any difference in singleplayer outside of combat, so you can enjoy all of the functions of a different class in the multiplayer. Plus you finally get a chance to play as other species from the Mass Effect universe. The Krogan Soldier absolutely destroys with his melee, especially after I put all of the perks in that tree into making it even stronger.

  • Author

I have never understood the "I'd rather it be a woman if I have to stare at their a ss for so long" reasoning. What the hell? In third-person games where you play male characters, are you really focusing down there? Normally all you'd see in your focus is a bit of the back/back of the head, and the area in front of you that you should be focusing on anyways. Nothing wrong with playing a female character, but I always found that excuse ludicrous.

As for the classes, that's the great thing about the multiplayer (as tacked on as it is). You can freely play as whatever class you want, it's not like your class makes any difference in singleplayer outside of combat, so you can enjoy all of the functions of a different class in the multiplayer. Plus you finally get a chance to play as other species from the Mass Effect universe. The Krogan Soldier absolutely destroys with his melee, especially after I put all of the perks in that tree into making it even stronger.

Lol. Yeah alot of people use that when there is nothing else to say. I sort of eluded to it but when your playing your not really thinking about that so much as you are trying to play the game but what I don't understand is the need for people to expect any reason at all as to why a guy would want to play female or not or why it is so strange. I don't think it needs to be justified. If the option is available in a game and it possibly makes the game more interesting to you in some way, even if it is as simple as liking his/her look, then so be it.

I noticed in ME3 they sort of focused on combat more in single player. In ME1 it mattered more what class you chose. For example, if I don't bring an engineer or have some tech skills you ain't hacking that door or terminal. I kinda miss that. Made you think a little bit more about who is needed on a given mission.

  • Author

Oh yeah and siren for life lol! She did have the best and most fun powers in the game in my opinion.

Oh and Stealthy don't forget to play chess with Samantha Traynor :)

yeah i didnt know she was available through outside means, but i already figured that one out :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.