March 5, 201214 yr comment_54478 Anyone know of any good maintenance tools? Like to make sure your computer doesn't bog down. My computer is still really fast, but on start up it is slow. Ill look at running processes and certain programs are running that shouldn't be like my camera, itunes, etc. Why those just start up in the back ground is beyond me. Also PK if you don't mind sending me the link to that defrag program. I basically just want a program were i can just do routine maintenace quickly and easily. I run a full v scan every month as well as update, and use the defrag but defrag doesn't seem to do anything. I just like trying to keep my computer top notch. So if anyone has some useful programs let me know. Report
March 5, 201214 yr comment_54479 Go to search and type in msconfig. Open that and head over to the "startup" tab. From there, you can uncheck things you don't want running at startup.I also use Startup Monitor. http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml When a registry is made for startup, a popup will appear and ask you if you want it to run at startup.Here's the defragger. http://www.vopt.com/nuvopt9.htm Has a 30 day free trial. Sucks they made it cost more than it used to. Used to be $19.99. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.