February 28, 201214 yr comment_54287 EA’s online download system Origin has been accused of placing a form of tracking software onto your computer to get your personal information, but EA has always denied the claims that gamers had made. After a post in the forum Day One Patch and the responses that follow, is there finally proof that Origin is reading information off of your gaming machine?User forsayken claims that when he booted up Origin to play Battlefield 3, he took notice that Dead Space 2 appeared, however he claims that he downloaded Dead Space 2 four months ago off of Steam. Turns out from the responses, others have taken notice to the same thing happening to them with other Steam purchased games appearing on Origin.What do you think? Origin trying to get the upper hand and to each their own or has EA shown that they will do anything to get personal information from their users like installing rumored tracking software onto your PC?via Day One Patch Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
February 28, 201214 yr comment_54288 I doubt it's any kind of tracking at all. Several of my Steam games that are also on Origin, have appeared in my Origin library, and I always leave Origin off until I have something exclusive to it I want to play. Only the ones I've actually played though. They just add them to your Origin library if you log into them with your EA account (the same account used by Origin), regardless of whether you own it on Origin or not. Not sure if every game does it, but several of my EA games I've played on Steam that are also on Origin have been added, apart from the Bioware ones. Report
February 29, 201214 yr comment_54302 I agree it's not really tracking if they are adding a game you likely had to register through their activation servers anyway. My question is, would people be complaining if steam was doing the same? I doubt it. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.