Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

I want a new gaming laptop

Featured Replies

Thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230142&Tpk=ASUS%20G74SX-NH71

I've always heard good things about the new ASUS Republic of Gamers series of laptops and this one is pretty awesome for the price. Size/weight of the laptop doesn't really matter to me.

Judging by the specs it looks like it should do great for games. I personally would look for similar specs with a slightly lower 720p resolution.

Considering screen size you won't see that much difference. A lower resolution with those specs would play newer games well for longer and older games even better.

  • Author

Ordered a new lappy. I went with an older G73 instead of the G74. Pretty much the exact same specs except the resolution is 1600x900 and not the full 1080p and about $600+ less. Got a refurb'd one from Newegg so we'll see how it goes with the one year warranty. Also got a 120gb SSD that was on sale to throw in as the primary OS drive.

  • Author

Got things sorted out last night. Since it was a refurb there was no recovery partition and no backup stuff provided. It was just "here's the laptop and battery and the OS is installed".

Ugh. So I downloaded an ISO of Win7 x64, burnt it to a DVD and used an Automatic Backup/Recovery program (ABRbeta) to make copies of the MS certificate and authenticity. Downloaded all the drivers I needed to a flash drive and put the new BIOS on a seperate one.

Took awhile, but I flashed the bios and did a complete fresh reinstall of the OS after I switched around the HDD and installed the seperate SSD.

But yeah, the thing screams now. Soooo much of a difference with the SSD. Never had one before but I can tell the difference. Takes less than 10 seconds to boot into Windows from when I press the power button.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.